Chapter 1231: The Fool's Daughter (10)
“With insurance against all kinds of accidents, no matter what happens in the future, someone will help you shoulder the burden and accompany you through life. With it, you'll never have to worry about any unforeseen misfortune again,” the man said earnestly.
System: Pfft—
Tang Guo: Uh…
After all that, he was selling insurance.
Tang Guo fell silent, staring intently at the man before finally saying, “Handsome, you've really moved me.”
“Then, would you like to buy a policy, miss? We have many different plans to choose from. I'm sure one of them will suit you perfectly.”
Tang Guo continued, “Even though you've moved me, I lack the means.”
“What do you mean?”
“I don't have any money.” Tang Guo looked at him pitifully. “Really, I don't. But I'm genuinely interested. Handsome, I feel like we get along quite well. I really want to buy your insurance. If you don't mind and are willing to consider me a friend, how about lending me some money?”
System: Did she learn this shamelessness from Liu Chunyue's family?
The man's expression froze.
Lend her money so she could buy insurance?
He glanced at Tang Guo. She was indeed pretty, but surely she couldn't commit robbery with her beauty alone?
He had only come out because his subordinates had been constantly complaining that insurance sales were becoming harder and competition fiercer. He wanted to personally handle a few cases, see how difficult it really was, and understand customers' needs in the process.
In one morning alone, he'd already closed three or four deals. It hadn't seemed difficult at all.
Clearly, his employees were just being lazy.
But this final customer…
This was something he'd never anticipated.
It was the first time he'd heard someone say they were interested but had no money and ask if he could lend them some to buy insurance.
“Is it difficult?” Tang Guo asked, trying hard not to laugh.
The man looked at her helplessly. “Miss, we're not really acquainted, are we? Borrowing money is something you do only after knowing someone very well, not after exchanging a few words upon first meeting. We don't even know each other's names. It's best not to have financial dealings like loans between strangers.”
“You have a point.” Tang Guo nodded seriously. “Then let's introduce ourselves. Once we're familiar with each other, I'll ask to borrow money again.”
The man: “…”
That works too?
“Yuan Shuo.”
His mouth honestly answered before his brain could stop it. Out of habit, he immediately handed her a gilded business card. “This is my card…”
The moment he did so, Yuan Shuo stiffened. But since he'd already handed it over, taking it back would be awkward.
Tang Guo accepted the card and casually introduced herself. “Tang Guo.”
After glancing at the card, she communicated with System.
“So he's actually the president of an insurance company. Is the insurance business so difficult these days that even the boss has to come out and pull in customers personally? He's handsome and speaks well. With someone else, he probably would've succeeded.”
“President Yuan is really dedicated.” Tang Guo slipped the card into her bag, smiling as she took out her phone and called his number once to let him have hers. “President Yuan, let's keep in touch. Once we're familiar enough and become friends, you'll have to lend me money to buy insurance.”
Yuan Shuo: “…”
Should he never have approached her?
Yet his fingers were surprisingly honest. Pulling out his phone, he promptly saved her number.
“President Yuan, I still have things to do, so I'll see you next time. Remember to stay in touch. Let's become friends sooner.”
Yuan Shuo silently thought, So I can lend you money to buy insurance?
That would be a huge loss.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸