Chapter 1230: The Fool's Daughter (9)

Seeing the man walking toward her, Tang Guo stopped where she was and waited for him to approach.

“Hello, beautiful miss.”

Smiling, Tang Guo greeted him back. “Hello, handsome. What can I do for you? If you're here to ask for my phone number, I'm afraid I'll have to refuse.”

“You're very clever, miss. I was indeed planning to ask for your number at the end of our conversation.” The man smiled. “Though, judging from what you've just said, you don't intend to give it to me.”

“I don't like revealing my phone number to strangers.”

“You're very cautious, and that's the right thing to do.” The man nodded. “But I'm not a bad person.”

“Bad people never say they're bad,” Tang Guo replied. “So then, handsome, what exactly do you want?”

The man's gaze shifted to the steady stream of cars passing by. “Miss, what are your thoughts on life?”

“Handsome, are you trying to discuss philosophy with me the moment we meet? Planning to understand my values before taking things further?” Tang Guo asked curiously.

The man merely smiled and did not answer. “Miss, you still haven't answered my question.”

“Your question is far too broad. I can't answer it unless you're more specific. Which aspect of life are you referring to?”

Smiling faintly, the man turned back and said seriously, “Naturally, birth, aging, sickness, death, and personal safety.”

System: Something about this feels wrong.

Tang Guo: I feel it too.

“Birth, aging, sickness, and death—those should be left to nature. As for personal safety, one does one's best and leaves the rest to fate.”

The man chuckled softly. “Miss, you really are optimistic. But there are many things in life that no one can foresee. No one can live an entire lifetime without setbacks. Countless people have their peaceful and happy lives shattered by a single accident. Especially ordinary people. When disaster strikes, they suddenly realize how powerless they are against fate. Yet, for certain reasons, they must summon every ounce of courage they possess and fight against that fate to the bitter end.”

System: …

Tang Guo: …

“Miss, did you see the ambulance that rushed into the hospital across the street just now?” the man suddenly asked.

Tang Guo had indeed noticed it and nodded. “I did. Does it have something to do with our topic?”

“Of course.” The man looked toward the hospital opposite them. Another ambulance had just arrived. Medical staff hurriedly emerged and carefully carried out the injured patient, while a woman beside them sobbed uncontrollably. “That is the kind of unforeseen accident life throws at us.”

“Miss, do you see those people standing at the hospital entrance, their faces full of worry?”

Tang Guo nodded again. “What about them?”

“They, too, have encountered countless unexpected tragedies. Perhaps someone in the family who was perfectly healthy suddenly fell gravely ill. Or maybe they suffered some terrible accident. All of it is beyond what they can bear. Even when the burden crushes them so heavily they can hardly breathe, they have no choice but to carry it and continue forward. It's bitter and helpless.”

“So, handsome, what exactly are you trying to say?”

The man snapped back to himself and opened his briefcase.

“Miss, surely you've gained a deeper understanding of life and realized that accidents are unavoidable, haven't you? In that case…” He pulled out a booklet and smiled brightly. “Miss, would you like to buy an insurance policy for your life?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1