Chapter 1228: The Fool's Daughter (7)
As soon as Tang Zhiming heard that he wouldn't have to spend money on the inspection, he hurriedly nodded. “Alright, let's do it this way. After lunch, I'll discuss it with my mom.”
Not long afterward, Song Jinghua and Liu Chunyue returned from grocery shopping. System stared at the two women carrying so many bags that they could barely hold them all.
Liu Chunyue even had a chicken hanging around her neck.
Silently, System complained inwardly. Host really was frighteningly accurate.
“Jinghua, you're really too generous. Every time we come over, you buy so much food,” Liu Chunyue said as she carried everything into the kitchen. “You're making me feel embarrassed.”
“What are you saying, Sister-in-law? It's not like you come over often. They're just groceries. We'd have to buy food even if you weren't here. Since you are here, we just buy a bit more. What's there to be embarrassed about?” Although Song Jinghua's heart ached at how much money had been spent all at once, she thought they were family, and spending money on family wasn't a big deal.
Liu Chunyue immediately started praising Song Jinghua, saying how kind she was and how much she liked being close to her. She showered her with compliments until Song Jinghua felt much better.
The two women busied themselves cooking, and in the end, only used a small portion of the ingredients.
During the meal, Tang Zhiming brought up the matter of buying Tang Guo's car. Liu Chunyue's eyes lit up immediately, but she still said somewhat awkwardly, “Do you really need eleven hundred thousand?”
“Auntie, if I weren't truly short on money, I wouldn't be selling the car to Cousin in such a hurry. I'd even be willing to give it to him for free.” Tang Guo looked up and said, “I regret buying a car now. All I want is to pay off my debt.”
Tang Lide quickly interrupted, “We're all family. Why make such a fuss over things? Xiaoguo, since you don't drive it, wouldn't it be fine to just lend it to your cousin?”
System: …
“Oh, that would be too embarrassing. The car belongs to Xiaoguo after all.” Liu Chunyue was about to continue when Tang Guo cut her off.
“Dad, Auntie herself said she'd feel embarrassed, so don't make things difficult for her. Besides, I still owe money. The car originally cost two hundred thousand yuan. Since Cousin is family, I already lowered it to eleven hundred thousand. Cousin and I settled this earlier.”
“If Auntie's family is really having difficulties, then I'll just sell it elsewhere. Maybe I can get a bit more money that way. As for Cousin needing a car next month, there are plenty of rental companies nowadays. Forget a car like mine that's worth only two hundred thousand—even luxury cars worth millions can be rented. Sister-in-law will definitely be happy when she sees how much thought you've put into this.”
Liu Chunyue's expression changed immediately. “Forget renting luxury cars. If something happens, we won't be able to afford the compensation.” She turned toward Tang Guo. “Xiaoguo, does it really have to be eleven hundred thousand?” Before Tang Guo could answer, she continued, “Didn't you say you only owed one hundred thousand? How about one hundred thousand, then? We're family. Don't let one extra ten thousand hurt our relationship.”
“Chunyue, Xiaoguo isn't having an easy time either. If it's eleven hundred thousand, then it's eleven hundred thousand. What's one extra ten thousand? For Zhiming's marriage, we have to come up with the money no matter what. Xiaoguo's car is practically new and barely driven. Where else can you find such a bargain?” The one speaking was Tang Guo's eldest uncle, Tang Liping.
Before Tang Guo could respond, Tang Lide hurriedly spoke up.
“I think one hundred thousand is enough. Big Brother, don't blame Sister-in-law. The two of you have exhausted yourselves over Zhiming's marriage. If my wasteful daughter hadn't borrowed money to buy the car, I wouldn't even mind giving the car to Zhiming.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸