Chapter 1227: The Fool's Daughter (6)

“Driving it only makes you late anyway. You'd be better off not driving at all. If it just sits there, it'll eventually depreciate and become useless. Why not lend it to me?”

“But it's still a new car. I haven't even driven it much yet.” Tang Guo pouted. “The problem is, I don't really need it now, but I spent so much money on it that I can't just leave it sitting there. I haven't even finished paying for it yet. Lately I've been trying to save money so I can pay my colleague back.”

Tang Zhiming looked surprised. “You borrowed money to buy the car?”

“Of course. My parents said I'm already an adult and shouldn't keep asking them for money. Besides, a car is a consumable item. I used the savings I'd accumulated over the last two years and borrowed the rest from a colleague. Only then was I able to afford it.” Tang Guo lowered her voice. “I still owe my colleague one hundred thousand yuan, and I have to pay it back before next year.”

“You owe that much?”

“Yeah.” Tang Guo wore a worried expression, but suddenly her eyes lit up when she looked at Tang Zhiming. “Cousin, I just thought of a solution. A win-win situation.”

“What solution?”

“Since you need a car, why don't I sell mine to you? I don't want to drive to work anymore, and I'd like to clear my debts sooner. The car is practically brand new. I bought it for two hundred thousand yuan. Since we're family, I'll sell it to you for one hundred and fifty thousand. It's only been two months and I hardly drove it at all. It's practically new.”

“But it's still considered a used car now. One hundred and fifty thousand is too much.”

From Tang Zhiming's expression, Tang Guo could tell he was tempted.

System: Host, you're taking a loss.

“I never intended to profit from him. I just want to throw away this hot potato before it burns me.”

System fell silent as he remembered what would happen later.

That's right. It didn't seem obvious now, but a month later, this car would truly become a hot potato. Not only would it have to be sold, it had to be sold to Tang Zhiming.

“Xiaoguo, to be honest, I really do like your car, but one hundred and fifty thousand is still too expensive.” Tang Zhiming shook his head. “At that price, I might as well spend a bit more and buy a new one.”

What he was really thinking, however, was that Tang Guo should lower the price even further—or better yet, just give it to him for free.

“Cousin, I have debts to repay too. I need enough money to clear them. Otherwise, I'd have no problem giving you the car. My parents always say you treated me well when we were children. If I weren't really in a difficult situation, how could I be haggling with you over money? You know my salary is only a few thousand yuan a month. It'll take me two or three years to repay everything.”

Tang Zhiming genuinely wanted the car. It had only been driven for two months and was basically still new.

“Lower it a bit more. If I had plenty of money, I wouldn't be borrowing a car from you in the first place, right?”

“Then... one hundred and thirty thousand?”

“How about one hundred thousand? That's enough for you to clear your debt, isn't it?” Tang Zhiming smiled. “Little cousin Xiaoguo, even for this one hundred thousand, I'll have to scrape together the money. If it weren't for your sister-in-law, I wouldn't be in such a hurry.”

“Eleven hundred thousand, alright? Cousin, I'm really short on money right now.”

Tang Zhiming thought about it. Going from two hundred thousand down to one hundred and ten thousand was already a fantastic deal. This was a two-hundred-thousand-yuan car, and he'd barely ever seen her drive it.

“Fine. I'll go gather the money when I get back.”

“Cousin, try to do it quickly so we can transfer the ownership. But before that, I want to take the car in for an inspection and get a certificate showing it's in good condition. We're family—I don't want you to suffer a loss. With an inspection certificate, you'll be at ease, and so will I.”

“I'll pay the inspection fee. How about that?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1