Chapter 1223: The Fool's Daughter (2)

“We’re all family, after all. If we can help, we should. Xiaoguo, just put up with it for a few days. It doesn’t make much difference what car you drive to work—it’s only a matter of appearances in the end.”

Tang Guo put down her bowl and raised her eyes to look at the two of them.

“You already agreed?”

Song Jinghua and Tang Lide nodded. Song Jinghua replied, “Your aunt had already said so much, and she even brought over two boxes of apples. It’s not a big deal, so refusing her wouldn’t have looked good.”

“That’s right,” Tang Lide added. “You’re usually rather withdrawn anyway. Helping your cousin Zhiming this time means he’ll owe you a favor. If you need help in the future, he won’t refuse you either.”

Resting her chin on one hand, Tang Guo spoke slowly. “If I remember correctly, their family still owes ours a hundred thousand yuan. Back when we bought this house, we were only five or sixty thousand short and asked them for help, but they didn’t lift a finger.”

Tang Lide’s expression darkened slightly. “Wasn’t that because they were having cash flow problems? They couldn’t do anything about it. Girl, why are you keeping score over every little thing?”

“But that same year, they bought a house too—and paid for it in full. And they still haven’t repaid the hundred thousand they borrowed from us.”

Tang Lide replied, “Your uncle and I are brothers. Do we really need to calculate things so clearly? Maybe when we needed money they genuinely didn’t have any, and when they bought their house in the latter half of the year, their circumstances had improved. Besides, they just bought a house for Zhiming, so things are tight. They can pay us back slowly. We’re not short of that little bit of money anyway.”

“Dad, when Cousin Zhiming bought his house, didn’t you give him another fifty thousand?”

Bang!

Tang Lide set his bowl down heavily, his face turning stern. “What’s wrong with you today? It’s just borrowing a car. Is it really necessary to drag up all these old matters?”

“We’ve already agreed. Next month your cousin will come pick up the car. Just leave him the keys.” His expression softened somewhat. “Don’t let a car ruin the relationship between our families.”

Song Jinghua chimed in, “That’s right, Xiaoguo. You’re becoming more and more unreasonable as you grow up. You’ve become so selfish.”

System: …

“Dad, I remember Uncle borrowed your car years ago, and you never saw it again. In the end, you simply transferred the ownership to him.” Tang Guo was speechless inside. This world really was somewhat interesting.

Tang Lide answered matter-of-factly, “Your youngest uncle is my brother, the youngest among us siblings. What’s wrong with helping him out a little? Besides, driving to work in the morning means sitting in traffic. Taking the subway or bus is faster. If the car sits there, it only depreciates. Giving it to your uncle was the best option.”

Tang Guo: “…”

System: …

“Then why don’t you just transfer my car directly to Cousin Zhiming?” Tang Guo shrugged. “After all, once you lend it to him, you’ll never get it back anyway. From now on, I’ll take the bus and subway to work too. Dad, you’re right. Driving in morning traffic is awful and makes it easy to be late.”

After saying that, she lowered her head and continued eating.

Tang Lide and Song Jinghua exchanged glances. Transfer the ownership directly to Tang Zhiming? But that was a brand-new car.

“Forget it, let’s not discuss this right now. We know you’re upset, but they’re family. We can’t just refuse to help, can we?” Song Jinghua said. “When your aunt comes over another day, we’ll discuss it again.”

“I don’t think that’s necessary.” Tang Guo had already pulled out her phone. “I’ll call Aunt myself. To be honest, I don’t want to lend out the car. I bought it with money I earned myself. Why should I let you use it to curry favor with someone else?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1