Chapter 1222: The Fool's Daughter (1)
Inside the Heavenly Spring, Tang Guo lay comfortably with her eyes closed, the corners of her lips slightly raised. “Go on, tell me. You’re from the Space-Time Administration Bureau, aren’t you? There’s something I’ve wanted to ask for a very long time, something from roughly five thousand years ago.”
“I-I
really am from the Space-Time Administration Bureau, but I’m newly
manufactured—a rookie system. I’ve only accompanied two hosts so far. Things
that happened too long ago… I basically know nothing about them.” System 222’s
childish voice sounded especially nervous, even trembling.
He
finally understood why this mission had been so easy. It turned out he had run
into a true big shot.
That
Tang Guo hadn’t been reborn at all. She had been possessed by this great being.
What
he had never expected was that when he was about to leave this world, he would
actually be captured and dragged into the system space by the big shot’s own
system.
System
222 felt that his serial number must be cursed, otherwise why would he always
encounter such terrible luck?
“System,
come out.”
System:
Coming. Hey, Triple-Two, get over here and take a look. See if I was
manufactured by your Space-Time Administration Bureau.
This
matter had always weighed heavily on System’s mind.
Now
that he had encountered an authentic system, yet couldn't devour it, the only
thing he could do was ask about his origins.
222
had never imagined that this would be the first question.
He
found it strange. Systems all had official registrations, and their programs
always contained information about where they had been produced. The other
party’s question struck him as unbelievable.
But
there were two big shots in front of him, so he could only obediently help.
“S-Senior,
you don’t even have a serial number?” 222 asked in astonishment.
System
immediately exploded. “I may not have a serial number, but I’m still stronger
than those registered systems!”
“I-I
wasn’t saying you weren’t powerful,” 222 replied, his childish voice trembling.
This senior’s temper seemed rather awful.
System:
So? Did you find anything? Was I produced by your Space-Time Administration
Bureau?
“Judging
from your code, you should indeed originate from our Space-Time Administration
Bureau, but… Senior, you’re not officially registered. I did hear one story.
During the early stages of system development, many defective products
appeared… um…”
System
exploded with rage. “Scram! Do I look like a defective product? I’m this
powerful!”
222
shuddered. As expected, Senior’s temper was horrible.
“Enough,
System. If 222 doesn’t know, forget it. I’ll ask him about something else.”
Naturally,
what Tang Guo wanted to know was information concerning the Space-Time
Administration Bureau.
But
222 really was a new system and knew very little. As for internal affairs of
the Administration Bureau, they weren’t permitted to know much for security
reasons.
In
the end, Tang Guo released him.
As
222 prepared to leave with Tang Jiao, System’s voice suddenly rang out.
“Kid,
stay in touch from now on. If you find out anything about me, send me an email.
Ask headquarters whether they can apply for a serial number for me.”
“Okay,
Senior.” 222 felt speechless. With a big shot backing him, did he even need an
official registration?
“Your
aunt came over earlier,” Song Jinghua said at the dinner table, speaking to
Tang Guo, who was quietly eating across from her. “She said that next month
Zhiming plans to take his girlfriend on a self-driving trip and wants to borrow
a car.”
“Zhiming
finally managed to find a girlfriend, and now they’re already talking about
marriage,” Tang Lide, the owner of this body and Tang Guo’s father, also spoke
up. “His car is several years old now, and honestly, it’s not presentable.
Didn’t you just buy yours two months ago? Aside from driving it to work, it’s
not really being used. Why not lend it to Zhiming? He’ll return it after the
trip. He already agreed that you can drive his car to work in the meantime.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸