Chapter 1190: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (65)

When Tang Guo placed her hand into his palm, she saw the excitement he was barely able to suppress on his face. With a gentle tug, Beitang Huo pulled her out through the window.

Meanwhile, the woman disguised as her leapt inside and took her place.

"Forgive my offense."

Beitang Huo's voice was extremely soft as he whispered into Tang Guo's ear. Then, wrapping an arm around her waist, he sprang into the air. In a few swift movements, they had already left the residence where the ruler of Chen Kingdom was staying.

After setting her down, Beitang Huo immediately draped a veil over her face before bringing her back to his quarters.

"We'll depart for Northern Yan first thing tomorrow morning," he said. "Is there anything here you still need to settle? Anything you can't let go of?"

"No."

Everything she needed to arrange had already been arranged.

As for the fact that Beitang Huo had taken her away to Northern Yan, she had no intention of informing anyone.

"The young lady impersonating me," Tang Guo asked, "will she accompany the ruler of Chen Kingdom back to Chen Kingdom?"

Beitang Huo nodded. "Once they reach Chen Kingdom, she'll have her own means of escaping. You needn't worry."

"Why not have her disappear halfway through the journey?" Tang Guo's eyes flickered as she suggested, "I have an idea."

"What idea?" Beitang Huo asked curiously. Inwardly, he'd already decided that whatever she proposed, he would do it.

System: Truly a man without principles.

Tang Guo lightly curved her lips. "Arrange for a group of bandits to attack the convoy midway. The bandits accidentally frighten the horses pulling the carriage. The ruler of Chen Kingdom, concerned only with saving himself, naturally won't bother with a woman. Then she, together with the carriage, falls off a cliff. Dead. The sort whose corpse gets devoured by wild beasts."

"The young woman pretending to be me should have decent martial arts, right? She'll be able to escape before the carriage falls?"

"She can." Beitang Huo's eyes never left her face. "Her martial arts are top-notch. This won't be difficult for her."

Those beautiful eyes, sparkling with calculation, were unbearably adorable to him. They captivated him even more than before.

System: He'd probably think Host was adorable even if she acted like a shrew and cursed people in the street. Seriously, how can someone think such a unique woman exists? Ugh!

"Young Master Beitang, I'm not afraid of letting you know this." Tang Guo smiled. "I'm doing this to scheme against the Shangguan brothers. One abandoned me, and the other handed me over like a gift. I'm not a saint, so how could I still harbor feelings for them? I'm the daughter of the Minister's estate. Yet simply because they disliked me, they transferred their resentment onto me and treated me like mud beneath their feet. I can't swallow that bitterness."

Beitang Huo had already suspected as much, but since she hadn't spoken of it, he hadn't asked.

What he hadn't expected was that she would choose this moment to tell him so frankly.

Did that mean she trusted him?

"Whatever you want to do, I'll help you."

Tang Guo raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you afraid I'll use your sincerity to exact my revenge, then toss you aside when I'm done?"

"You're not that kind of person."

Without the slightest hesitation, Beitang Huo replied, "You'd never hurt someone who truly treats you with sincerity. Even if you don't want to be with me, as long as I haven't done anything to hurt you, you'll never do anything to hurt me."

System: Such enlightenment!

"Helping you is something I do willingly. Even if you use me, I have no regrets."

Beitang Huo laughed softly again.

"I don't know why, but I've simply become enchanted by you. I can't hide what's in my heart. No matter how hard I try, I can't suppress it. The moment I see you, my heart starts beating happily all over again."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1