Chapter 1189: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (64)
"Since Young Master Beitang insists, then I won't try to persuade you any further. I really am sleepy, so I should get some rest."
Tang Guo smiled at Beitang Huo and reached out to close the window.
Beitang Huo: "..."
"Young Master Beitang, you really can go back. It's already autumn, and the nights are getting chilly. Can you withstand it?"
Her voice came from behind the window. Hearing the concern hidden in her tone, Beitang Huo hurriedly replied, "I can, I can! I've practiced martial arts since childhood. I'm in excellent health. Besides, it isn't cold tonight."
"Oh… that's good."
After that, there was no more sound from inside.
Beitang Huo still leaned against the side of the window, with no intention of leaving. Better to stay and keep watch. If she really lost hope and did something foolish, he would regret it for the rest of his life.
Before long, the window opened again.
Beitang Huo immediately turned his head. Tang Guo was holding a teapot and a cup. Realizing they were for him, delight filled his heart and he quickly accepted them.
Then she handed out a small table and a stool through the window, which Beitang Huo also hurriedly received. Warmth spread through his chest, and he thanked her sincerely.
"Thank you, Miss Tang."
"No, I should be thanking you. Even at the cost of all this trouble, you're determined to take me away."
At that moment, Beitang Huo suddenly had the strange feeling that she didn't really need his help. As long as she wished, she could leave at any time.
The window closed again, and she had likely already gone to sleep.
Sitting beneath the window, Beitang Huo held the warm teacup and glanced at the teapot. Inside was boiling water.
He sank into thought.
She had only gone back inside for a moment, and he hadn't heard the sound of the door opening at all.
So where had this freshly boiled water come from?
Taking a sip from the warm cup, Beitang Huo smiled inwardly.
Who cared where it came from?
She was willing to leave with him and didn't reject him. Wasn't that enough to give him a chance?
Nothing else mattered.
Whether she was human or demon, as long as he liked her, that was enough.
Host, your adorable one invited King Chen out again, the System snickered. He's probably afraid King Chen will bully you, so he keeps finding all sorts of excuses to drag him out. Every time, King Chen gets drunk senseless and has to be carried back.
Tang Guo curved her lips into a smile. "He's really thoughtful."
Isn't he? That guy is doing everything he can to sell himself and earn your favor.
The System still couldn't forget the previous world, where that fellow had been a lawyer and had promoted himself in every possible way before the Host.
Now, because of the 'Northern Yan envoy's' warm hospitality, King Chen had completely forgotten about Tang Guo.
King Chen loved beauties, but compared to beauties, he loved his kingdom more.
In fact, most emperors in this world were the same.
They loved beautiful women, but they loved their realms even more.
To them, beauties were merely possessions. When faced with truly important matters, women meant nothing.
Over the next few nights, Beitang Huo came without fail to stand guard beneath the window.
Tang Guo would, as always, prepare a pot of hot tea for him and simply let him do as he pleased.
On the third night, Beitang Huo arrived again.
This time, several people accompanied him.
Tang Guo opened the window, and he stretched out his hand toward her.
"Miss Tang, I'm here to take you away."
"What about this place?" Tang Guo asked.
A woman stepped out from behind Beitang Huo. In the moonlight, Tang Guo could see her face clearly.
She looked exactly like Tang Guo.
A disguise?
"I've arranged everything."
Beitang Huo's voice carried a hint of nervousness as he extended his hand toward her, palm upward, waiting.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ