Chapter 1188: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (63)

"And after that," Beitang Huo continued, "I discovered that Southern Shu is filled with talented people, so I was planning to poach a couple of them as well."

System: Impressive. He's really laid all his cards on the table.

Trying to woo a woman like this, isn't he afraid he'll fail?

"Miss Tang, my feelings for you are as clear as the sun and moon and will never change. Whether you accept me or not, I will save you from here. As long as you're willing, every corner of Northern Yan is yours to roam."

"I won't restrain you. You'll always be free. And…" he paused softly, "I'll wait for you."

System: So cheesy.

Tang Guo couldn't help laughing. "And just how do you intend to rescue me? Chen Kingdom may only be a medium-sized country, but if you openly steal someone away, they certainly won't agree. War between nations only brings suffering to the common people. As an emperor, you wouldn't let your subjects endure such calamity, would you?"

"As long as you're willing, I'll make proper arrangements and ensure Chen Kingdom can't find any fault with us." Beitang Huo spoke confidently, his tone filled with certainty. Then he lowered his voice and asked nervously, "It all depends on whether you're willing."

After asking, he stood outside the window in tense anticipation, gazing at her earnestly.

Her smile hadn't faded from her face for a single moment, yet he couldn't discern what she was thinking.

Regardless of her thoughts, he had to coax her over to his side. Whatever she wanted in the future, he would find it for her. Even if she didn't want to be with him, as long as she stayed in Northern Yan, he could at least see her every day.

With her nearby, he would have all the time in the world to move her heart.

"Very well," Tang Guo replied. "I'll go with you."

Beitang Huo nearly jumped for joy. Of course, he restrained himself and quickly said in a low voice, "I'll go back and make arrangements immediately. Someone will come to replace you when the time comes. Once you're out, we'll return to Northern Yan together. How does that sound?"

"Alright. I'll leave it to you."

Lifting her chin slightly with a look that said, I'll listen to you, Tang Guo almost sent Beitang Huo into a daze. Wasn't this going a little too smoothly?

He still felt uneasy, afraid that she had merely lost hope and was deceiving him.

"Miss Tang, those two aren't worth it."

Tang Guo pursed her lips and smiled. "I know. Thank you for your concern. I know they're both bastards. I won't place any hopes in them anymore."

Only then did Beitang Huo let out a slight sigh of relief.

Yet he still didn't leave.

Instead, he summoned his men with a signal and, right in front of Tang Guo, began issuing orders for the arrangements that followed.

As for himself, he simply leaned against the window and remained there, guarding her. The look on his face made it seem as though he feared she might suddenly lose her resolve.

"Young Master Beitang, are emperors really this idle? You've been in Southern Shu for so long. Aren't you worried something might happen in Northern Yan?"

"It'll be fine. I arranged everything before I left. Yun Mujun is overseeing matters. He's both the Prime Minister and my childhood friend. I trust him completely."

Not once did Beitang Huo feel the slightest guilt over exploiting his friend.

Tang Guo nodded. "Actually, you can go rest. No one will do anything to me."

"I'm afraid you'll overthink things." Beitang Huo spoke with genuine worry. "Your temperament has changed so much that I can't help being concerned. I'm afraid that if I come back tomorrow, the person I see won't be a living, breathing you."

System: He's overthinking it.

This is Host's true nature!!

Tang Guo lazily propped up her chin. "But I want to sleep."

"Then sleep. I'll stay outside the window and stand guard. I absolutely won't come inside." Beitang Huo's expression was completely serious. "I've already said I won't force you into anything. I'm just worried."

After all, someone who had always been gentle and virtuous had suddenly become so lively and free-spirited.

Who knew if she might do something foolish?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1