Chapter 1186: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (61)
"Steward."
"Your
Highness, what are your orders?"
The
matter of Consort Jiao being gifted to the ruler of Chen Kingdom had naturally
been kept secret, and the steward knew nothing of the truth.
"It's
nothing. You may leave."
Originally,
Shangguan Jing had intended to order the servants to erase all traces she had
left behind. Yet when the words reached his lips, he stopped himself. There had
never been any affection between them, so there was no need to resort to such
methods to conceal anything. If those things remained, then they remained.
Besides,
if too much was changed and Jiao'er asked about it, he wouldn't know how to
explain. After all, in Jiao'er's memories, it was she who had arranged
everything.
After
arriving at the residence assigned to the ruler of Chen Kingdom, Tang Guo was
given a separate courtyard.
The
ruler of Chen Kingdom had drunk himself senseless and was currently sleeping
like a dead pig, leaving him no time to concern himself with her.
As
a consort cast aside by the emperor, how could she possibly sleep at night? Of
course, she ought to sit by the window, gaze at the moon, and drown in sorrow.
System:
As if I'd believe that nonsense. You clearly know someone's coming and are
deliberately waiting for him here.
Pah,
pah, pah. This damned host.
Sure
enough, in the stillness of the late night, Yan Huo arrived.
Seeing
her listless appearance, his heart ached. Standing outside the window, he
lowered his voice and said, "I'll take you away. Believe me."
"You
probably don't remember me. We've only met once." Yan Huo smiled faintly.
"Back then, I disguised myself as a merchant from Northern Yan and sold
you a batch of rough stones. You had excellent judgment and bought them
immediately."
"Honestly,
when I first saw you, I regretted that you were already married. I was annoyed
that I hadn't met you sooner."
"Later,
after learning you were Prince Jing's consort, I often followed the two of you
in secret to ease my longing. Then I discovered that the person accompanying
Prince Jing wasn't you, but another woman who looked exactly like you. After
investigating the truth, I finally learned what had happened to you."
"I
once came to the palace to see you. You may have found it presumptuous, but I
didn't do anything. I only wanted to see you. As long as I knew you were safe
and well, I could rest easy."
System:
This man's rustic love talk really comes one set after another. It's so cheesy
my teeth ache.
"Because
of what happened to you, I could have taken you away by force. But if I did
that, how would I be any different from them?" Yan Huo's eyes softened.
"So I chose to protect you instead. I sent people to search for Daoist
Yang, hoping he could restore your memories. Once you regained your own
memories, you could decide for yourself whether to stay or leave."
"I
never imagined Shangguan Yi would give you away. This time, whether you're
willing or not, I'm taking you away from this place. Come with me to Northern
Yan. I'll arrange everything for you. You won't need to worry about anything.
From now on, you'll be free. You can do whatever you want, and I won't force
you. But…" he paused, looking at her with earnest eyes, "you're not
allowed to ignore me."
System:
Seriously, he's making himself sound so pitiful.
Tang
Guo had been laughing inwardly the whole time, but when she saw him looking at
her so seriously, like a little puppy begging for a bone, she simply couldn't
hold it in anymore.
"Pfft."
She
burst out laughing.
System:
Host, did your character setting collapse?!
You're
not acting anymore? What happened to professionalism?
Oh,
right. This guy isn't among the targets of revenge. Host doesn't need to
maintain any persona around him.
It
seemed that as long as this fellow behaved himself, Host had never lied to him
or put on an act in front of him. She always treated him with her true self.
Fine.
Now
even the System felt a little sour.
Apparently,
it wasn't the most special one after all.
Yan
Huo froze when he saw Tang Guo laugh.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ