Chapter 1178: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (53)
As for how things had ended up this way, there could only be one explanation. Prince Jing had used some means to switch the identities of the two women.
The one thing Yan Huo couldn't understand was that Consort Jiao seemed to genuinely believe she was the Princess Consort.
That was what troubled him most.
If Consort Jiao believed herself to be the Princess Consort, then didn't that mean the real Princess Consort now believed herself to be Consort Jiao?
The mere thought of her suffering such treatment filled Yan Huo with fury. At that moment, he nearly had the urge to storm the imperial palace.
“Master?”
“I want to enter the palace.”
His subordinates exchanged glances.
Had their master finally decided to become a thief and sneak into the palace?
For some reason, they were all rather excited.
They knew enough of the situation. If Prince Jing truly did not love the Princess Consort and had switched her into the palace merely to be with the woman he loved, then their master definitely wouldn't be able to endure it any longer.
He would absolutely steal the Princess Consort away and take her back to Northern Yan to live a beautiful and happy life together.
Just thinking that their master wouldn't remain single for the rest of his life put them at ease.
By now, they had become thoroughly enlightened.
As long as it was a woman, they didn't care who their master loved.
That night, Tang Guo had already prepared to sleep when she suddenly sensed a presence approaching.
In the darkness, she neither opened her eyes nor moved.
Host, that shadow outside… is it here to kill you? Has Shangguan Yi finally had enough and decided to eliminate you?
System's voice sounded strangely excited.
If that were the case, Host would definitely retaliate. Even if she didn't kill Shangguan Yi, she'd certainly cripple him.
“Be quiet and wait.”
System immediately shut up, though it remained highly vigilant.
As the shadow approached, it had already prepared itself. If the intruder dared to harm Host, it would strike and destroy the bastard.
But when the figure reached the bedside, he stopped.
Tang Guo could feel a pair of focused eyes fixed upon her.
“So it's true. Shangguan Jing really switched you into the palace.”
Yan Huo's voice sounded softly.
“Originally, I thought it would be enough to watch you from afar. You were Prince Jing's Princess Consort, and I had no right to disturb your peaceful life for the sake of my own selfish desires.”
“But now… things are different from what I imagined.”
His voice held a strange mixture of hesitation and delight as he crouched beside the bed.
“Right now, I really want to steal you away.”
System: …
As expected, this man had absolutely no sense of shame.
Tang Guo: “…”
“But I'm afraid you wouldn't be willing.”
Yan Huo sounded somewhat downcast.
“I can't force you to do something against your will. So many people have already hurt you. How could I hurt you as well?”
System: Then tell me already—what exactly are you planning to do?
“If you're willing, I can take you away right now.”
System: Take her away! Host is definitely willing. It knew Host better than anyone. Go on, come and steal its Host away. Take her back and spoil her rotten. It had absolutely no objections.
System had thought Yan Huo would wake Tang Guo.
Instead, the man merely sat quietly beside the bed.
For the entire night, he simply gazed at Host.
Not once did he make an inappropriate move.
He behaved with impeccable restraint, just sitting there foolishly, staring at her and occasionally murmuring unbearably cheesy words of affection.
System had been tortured by all that sweetness for an entire night.
Still, it could sense that Host was in a rather good mood.
Only when dawn arrived did Yan Huo softly say to Tang Guo,
“I'll arrange for people to stay by your side and protect you as soon as possible.”
“As for taking you away right now…”
“I'm afraid you wouldn't agree to it either.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ