Chapter 1152: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (27)
“In the first month, they are deeply in love. Their daily lives remain much the same as before. Although the food is simpler and rougher, the young lady believes that she and the scholar truly love each other and pays no mind to such things.”
“In the second month, the young lady and the scholar still try hard to maintain the life they once had, but things have already begun to change. As time passes, trivial matters, differences in habits, and their living environment all become sources of conflict.”
“The young lady is, after all, a young lady of noble birth. Having grown accustomed to fine clothes and luxurious meals, how could she adapt to coarse food and plain tea? Wearing rough cloth garments while composing poetry somehow feels out of place.
“Meanwhile, the scholar's family complains that the young lady does not know how to manage a household, leading to conflicts between them. Over time, the scholar discovers that apart from reciting poetry and spending money, the young lady seems to possess no other virtues. Comparing her with the wives of his fellow scholars, he gradually comes to feel that his own wife is extravagantly wasteful and entirely incapable of running a household.”
Tang Jiao's eyes lit up.
“Sister, I understand what you mean now.”
Before coming here, she had asked Triple Two to investigate Prince Jing's Manor. Tang Guo had managed everything in impeccable order. Now that she knew Tang Guo had been reborn, yet still continued acting as the proper Princess Consort, something felt amiss.
Thinking about it now, her elder sister wasn't seeking simple revenge.
She was preparing something much bigger.
“Right now, both of them think I'm perfect in every way.” Tang Jiao sneered. “Shangguan Jing only thinks I'm wonderful because he couldn't have me. As for Shangguan Yi, he merely finds me different from the other women, and on top of that, another man—Shangguan Jing—once fell for me.”
“But once I fall from that pedestal and become no different from ordinary women, they won't think much of me anymore.”
Tang Guo nodded.
“Jiaojiao is as intelligent as ever.”
The System nearly choked.
Host, don't you feel guilty saying that while acting?
After a pause, Tang Guo spoke again.
“In our previous life, those two men toyed with us sisters as they pleased. One betrayed me, the other abandoned me, leaving me to die far from home. As for Jiaojiao, I imagine your fate wasn't any better.”
“It wasn't.”
Tang Jiao's expression darkened.
“Not long after Sister died, I finally remembered everything. I tried to avenge you, but I was just a weak woman. I was useless.
“For the rest of my life, they fought over me, hurt me, and fought over me again. No matter what expression I wore, each of them thought my heart belonged to the other. They wounded me, then apologized, placing the finest jewels before me as compensation.”
She lowered her head.
“Even after I died, my soul floated above while they still fought over my corpse. They insisted I wasn't dead and that I was still alive. But it was the middle of summer, and the body quickly began to rot. Neither of them was willing to bury me.”
“Only when the corpse had nearly decomposed completely did they finally lay me to rest. The most ridiculous part was that they reconciled in front of my grave. They shook hands and said that since they had both loved me deeply, they should stop hurting one another.”
The System shuddered.
Those are psychopaths.
“So Jiaojiao's fate was even more tragic than mine.”
Tang Guo sighed softly and clasped Tang Jiao's hand.
“Don't worry. In this life, we sisters will join forces and take our revenge.”
“All right,” Tang Jiao replied firmly.
Tang Guo chuckled softly.
“Since they enjoy fighting over things so much, before the memory exchange, Jiaojiao should continue to skillfully balance between them and string them along. Then, after the memory exchange…”
“Jiaojiao, you'll be free to do something else.”
“What?” Tang Jiao asked eagerly, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸