Chapter 1150: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (25)

Tang Jiao was genuinely crying.

Before every mission, she would meet the soul that issued the task. She had met Tang Jiao's spirit.

Through her, she had witnessed all of Tang Jiao's memories, which played before her eyes like a movie. Once a cheerful and lively young woman, Tang Jiao's soul had been burdened with endless guilt and sorrow.

At this moment, she had completely immersed herself in Tang Jiao's role.

The System thought silently that this one must also have graduated from the Drama Department. Most likely, she and his Host came from the same academy.

Tang Guo naturally embraced Tang Jiao and gently patted her back.

“It's good that you've returned,” she whispered softly.

The System fell silent.

…So what exactly was this situation?

He would eventually have to meet that Triple Two, right? Judging from the voice, Triple Two sounded like a little boy.

Pfft—

He almost burst out laughing.

Poor kid, being saddled with the number 222.

But soon he couldn't laugh anymore.

No matter how silly the number sounded, the other party at least had a designation.

Meanwhile, he didn't even have a number.

Back when he still retained his memories, he'd thought he was the only System in existence.

“Sister, when did you come back? I returned last month. I've always wanted to see you, but I was afraid people would become suspicious.”

Tang Jiao had cried enough and felt somewhat embarrassed.

This level of immersion was far too strong.

And exhausting.

Look at her sister—calm, composed, with only a slight change in her eyes. She truly remained unshaken no matter what happened.

With such a temperament, after experiencing enlightenment through suffering, those two scumbags would definitely have a miserable time.

“The night of my wedding.”

A trace of mockery lifted Tang Guo's lips. She perfectly portrayed a woman who had endured betrayal, abandonment, life and death, only to awaken once again at the starting point.

“I've also been wondering how to free both of us from this sea of suffering.”

Tang Jiao sighed softly.

“One is the Emperor, and the other is Prince Jing, second only to the Emperor. Sister, we have to be careful.”

Then, remembering what would happen in two months, she grew nervous.

“Sister, after being reborn, I encountered some fortunate opportunities. I have a way to avoid having our memories exchanged.”

Tang Guo glanced at her.

“Really? If that's true, then things will be much easier.”

“Of course it's true. I just didn't know how to tell you before. I was afraid you wouldn't believe me. After all, being reborn is too unbelievable.”

“I've tried my best to maintain my original personality because I was afraid people would burn me as a monster.”

Tang Jiao looked pitiful.

And that was absolutely true.

Who said ancient people were idiots?

They were incredibly clever.

Especially emperors and princes.

Reveal even the slightest abnormality, and they'd scrutinize it over and over again, suspecting hidden motives.

If they ever learned she wasn't the real Tang Jiao, those two would probably turn hostile immediately and skin her alive.

“As long as we can avoid having our memories altered, I have a way to free us from all of this,” Tang Guo said. “Actually, I've encountered some fortunate opportunities as well. They complement Jiaojiao's perfectly.”

Tang Jiao didn't ask what opportunities Tang Guo had encountered.

And Tang Guo didn't ask about Tang Jiao's either.

It was as though both had tacitly agreed not to pry into such matters.

Clearly, both were transmigrators with the same goal.

Yet somehow, each had chosen to disguise herself as a reborn person.

“Sister, you've always been the one with ideas. You've always been smarter than me. Since you've returned, I'll listen to you in everything.”

Tang Jiao spoke according to the way the original Tang Jiao had always spoken to Tang Guo.

And in the original story, it had indeed been so.

Tang Jiao's accomplishments in music, chess, calligraphy, and painting had all been taught to her personally by Tang Guo, hand in hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father