Chapter 1148: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (23)

Host, you'll get used to it. Once you've traveled through more worlds and learned more skills, you'll be able to play the role of a noble young lady too without breaking character.

Mhm, mhm, I'll work hard.

Tang Guo: “…”

The System: “…”

At the same moment, both host and system arrived at the same conclusion.

So, Tang Jiao had been possessed by a transmigrator?

Tang Guo maintained her expression, not particularly surprised.

The System, however, became somewhat excited.

Another system!

He found himself reminiscing about the last crooked system he'd devoured. The feeling of swallowing it whole had been absolutely wonderful.

Hopefully, this one was crooked too, so he could eat it again.

“Stop thinking about it. This one doesn't seem evil. If Tang Jiao herself were bad, the plot would have changed long ago.”

All right, I was just thinking about it. But Host, we've encountered another task-taker again. What should we do? Should we tie up that system and interrogate it?

“No need to rush. They'll probably communicate with each other eventually. Let's determine their objective first. If it doesn't conflict with mine, then we can simply play along with them.” Tang Guo chuckled softly. “If she truly means no harm, then I'll just act as a native reborn person.”

All right.

At last, they arrived at Tang Guo's courtyard. The sisters' hands were still clasped together. While chatting with Tang Guo about this and that, Tang Jiao also continued complaining to her System, inadvertently revealing her purpose.

“So, she's here to fulfill Tang Jiao's lingering wish,” Tang Guo said to her System. “And that wish is actually to change my fate.”

So she's a good person? the System asked regretfully.

“Of course she is,” Tang Guo answered confidently. “Didn't you hear her? She keeps reminding me not to devote myself wholeheartedly to others and saying that appearances can deceive. Isn't she warning me to be wary of those two scumbags?”

Their conversations couldn't be overheard because her own System had upgraded far too quickly over the years. Ordinary systems were incapable of sensing Little Tong's existence.

So I can't devour her system? the System asked unwillingly.

“Why are you so obsessed with eating other people's systems? Wouldn't making a friend be better?”

I don't want to be friends with systems that low-level. It would lower my prestige.

Tang Guo: “…”

Once inside the room, Tang Guo glanced at the somewhat frantic Tang Jiao and raised her head.

“You may all withdraw. I wish to speak privately with my younger sister.”

The maids immediately left.

With the System keeping watch, she would know the instant anyone approached.

Even without the System, her powerful soul would allow her to sense them.

“Sister, you absolutely must remember what I'm saying.”

Tang Jiao truly didn't know how to express herself. She was terrified that this native noble young lady wouldn't understand.

“You have to treat yourself better. Don't give your whole heart to people. Some people aren't necessarily as good as they seem on the surface.”

Just as Tang Jiao was wracking her brains, Tang Guo suddenly shook off her hand and said coldly,

“Who are you? Jiaojiao would never say such things to me.”

Tang Jiao froze on the spot.

W-What… what the hell?

System, Triple Two, what's going on?!

Her eyes widened.

Could it be… did I break character?

W-What do I do now?

This noble young lady is way too smart!

I don't think I exposed anything strange, so how did I break character?

System 222 replied, Host, I suggest you speak to her once more. I can sense that she doesn't harbor any hostility.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1