Chapter 1140: The Princess Consort Whose Memories Were Altered (15)
“I don't want to tell you. I think it's necessary to improve your powers of observation and imagination.”
System: …
Understood. The host was saying that he was both blind and stupid.
Wait a minute. Host was this happy… could it have something to do with Yan Huo?
Recalling the way Yan Huo had looked at his host, the system suddenly had a thought.
Could it be that guy?
Thinking back to the previous world, that fellow had been stingy and calculating with everyone else. Truly a nightmare for a lifetime.
Yet the man they had just met looked refined and courteous. He had merely said something inappropriate and immediately apologized.
Good heavens, he was practically a perfect gentleman.
The system shuddered.
From a miserly schemer to a graceful gentleman… he really couldn't adapt to the change.
Could it be that he and the host had graduated from the same acting academy?
Probably not.
He had no memories, while the host remembered everything.
“Your Highness the Princess Consort, His Highness has ordered that there is no need to prepare lunch or dinner. He will remain in the palace today.”
“I understand.”
Meanwhile, in the imperial palace, Shangguan Jing was playing chess with Shangguan Yi. The brothers sat facing each other, and beside Shangguan Yi sat the peerlessly beautiful Imperial Consort Jiao—Tang Jiao.
Resting her chin in her hands, Tang Jiao stared at the chessboard. From time to time, she tugged at Shangguan Yi's sleeve, more anxious than the Emperor himself.
“Fine, I'll listen to you.” Shangguan Yi turned and smiled at Tang Jiao. “My beloved Consort Jiao is the smartest. If I listen to you, I will definitely win.”
“Of course.”
Tang Jiao smiled back at him. From the corner of her eye, she noticed Shangguan Jing's tightly clenched fist hidden beneath the table and inwardly clicked her tongue.
System, these two men are such scum.
That's why the host has transmigrated into Tang Jiao's body—to change her fate.
Tang Jiao shook her head.
Poor girl.
She clearly longed for a life of freedom, yet she had been born into this patriarchal era and happened to catch the eyes of two men who held supreme power.
What rotten luck.
The original Tang Jiao's elder sister had it just as bad.
A proper noble lady, and her memories were switched simply because someone wanted them switched. The worst part was that Shangguan Yi actually gifted her away to another man.
Scumbag!!
He's treating women like merchandise!
In my opinion, neither of them truly loves Tang Jiao. It's just because they're competing with each other that neither is willing to let go.
So the host must change fate as quickly as possible.
Tang Jiao frowned.
But how?
With your help, I can prevent my memories from being altered. But Tang Guo was born a proper noble lady. Taking her away to wander the world isn't realistic. Running away won't work either—the Tang family would suffer.
Host, Tang Jiao's obsession lies with her elder sister. As long as you change her sister's fate, the main mission will be completed, the system reminded her.
Since those two men are infatuated with you, why not use them?
Back then, when Tang Guo was gifted away, Shangguan Jing hadn't brought Tang Jiao to the banquet to avoid accidents. If Tang Jiao had been present, Tang Guo might never have been sent away. The sisters were so close that she would never have stood by and watched her own elder sister be handed over.
You mean, if I speak up, I can save her?
Of course.
Tang Jiao nodded.
Fine then.
I'll become the bewitching temptress who ruins kingdoms first.
I'll make these two men fall for me completely.
Since they're both scum, it wouldn't be bad if they ended up destroying each other.
“Consort Jiao, what's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?”
Seeing Tang Jiao lost in thought, Shangguan Yi immediately grew nervous.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ