Chapter 1125: The Flash Marriage Heiress (End)

Even Luo Yicheng's shares had long since been transferred into their son's name. Qian Beibei didn't even know when it had happened.

Looking at the white-haired Luo Yicheng, who still worked tirelessly, she couldn't help but say, “Luo Yicheng.”

“Beibei?”

Qian Beibei burst into tears. “Can't you stop and look at me? Why are you still working so desperately? The person who owned those shares is already dead. Dead! She donated all of her shares, Luo Yicheng. There's no need for you to keep working so hard anymore.”

“No, there is.” He shook his head. “After all, I promised her that as long as I lived, I'd continue working for this company.” Even though he had already stepped into a secondary role.

“It's a pity. I never managed to make her the richest person in the world. I suppose she regretted that too.”

At that moment, Qian Beibei suddenly realized that she had gained neither Luo Yicheng's money nor his heart. At some point, his heart had long belonged to that woman.

Only, he himself had never realized it.

“Luo Yicheng, do you love me?”

Luo Yicheng paused and carefully looked at the graying-haired Qian Beibei before replying, “Of course, Beibei. I gave all my feelings to you. I love you.”

“Luo Yicheng, I love you too.”

Qian Beibei smiled.

But in truth, neither of them loved the other anymore.

True love?

What was true love?

If Luo Yicheng truly loved her, would he have spent decades working overtime day after day, unwilling to come home and keep her company?

And if she truly loved Luo Yicheng, would she have spent every day calculating when Mother Luo would die and how to squeeze more money out of him?

In truth, they had stopped loving each other long ago. They only maintained the appearance of a loving marriage because neither wanted to slap themselves in the face and admit that they had been wrong.

Unexpectedly, that deception lasted an entire lifetime.

Under the lamplight, Luo Yicheng sat smiling faintly as he worked on a proposal. Qian Beibei turned and left without lingering. She didn't ask whether he was hungry or tired.

If she loved him, she would surely worry about his health and tell him not to stay up working so late.

And if he loved her, he would surely call out to stop her.

“Wait, it's not safe for you to go home alone.”

But neither did.

“Xiaoguo, in a few more years, I really won't be able to keep going. I can't spend my entire life working at the company.”

“Can't be helped. Getting old makes you useless.”

“You left too early. If you'd stayed a few more years, I definitely would have earned even more money for you. Maybe you could've entered the world's top ten richest people.”

As he wrote the proposal, Luo Yicheng muttered to himself endlessly.

“Beibei's probably angry again. She's always like that. I've told her so many times already. I gave all my love to her. Otherwise, I wouldn't have married her.”

“You agreed to marry me without hesitation. There wasn't even a proper wedding, nor your family's blessing. Everything was just my momentary impulse. You agreed only to protect my dignity.”

“You wasted three years on me, supported my career so wholeheartedly, took such good care of my family, and even helped Luo Family Village become prosperous.”

“This company is my life's work, but it's yours too. I promised I'd work hard for your sake and make it the very best.”

“The only thing I can compensate you with is wealth.”

“After all, I gave all my love to Beibei, but she's still like a little girl, always fussing over every little thing.”

“Xiaoguo, why are you so good? Ah…”

Host, does Luo Yicheng like you?

“So what if he does? I don't like him.” Tang Guo let out a soft laugh. “I like the one who's stingy with everyone.”

“Let's go. On to the next world. Hopefully he'll be a little more obedient there.”

“He already swore that in his next life, he'd definitely be good.”

The system: Bleh, bleh, bleh.

Show-off.


✦ Translator's Note — The Interdimensional Exchange Group

End of arc ✨ Wasn't this arc suuuper satisfying?? anyway

Another thing I wanted to talk about for a bit is the Interdimensional Exchange Group.

When it first showed up around the third or fourth arc, I honestly thought it was going to be a one-off thing that would disappear once that arc was over. Instead, it somehow became this recurring part of the story, and I really didn't expect that—but I'm very glad it did.

I especially like seeing how the group is changing (will further change) over time. They were all basically randomly dumped into this strange group from completely different worlds, and at first, it was pretty much an exchange group: I need this, you have it, what can we trade? ๐Ÿ˜‚

But little by little, they started getting to know each other. They became friends, started caring about what happened to each other, and eventually it turned into something that feels a lot more like a found family than an exchange group.

And I really like that. Found family is one of my favorite tropes. Sometimes the family we're born into isn't necessarily the family that fits us best, and finding people who become your family because you chose each other can mean so much. ๐Ÿฅน

I also think the group has had a pretty interesting impact on Tang Guo's development, but I'll stop there before I accidentally start spoiling things (Side note: I am a HUGE fan of that dream pill! such a perfect revenge tool for Guoguo! I wish it was used every arc!) ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway! Who's your favorite member of the group?

Mine is definitely Margaret. Every time she appears in the group, I know something ridiculous is about to be said or done, and I love that chaotic energy. ๐Ÿ˜‚

And now I'm curious—what did you guys think of Tang Guo's visits to the previous one group members' world?

And if you could choose one member's world for Tang Guo to visit next, which world would you pick? Basically... which world do you want to see in chaos? ๐Ÿ‘€


—Cy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1