Chapter 1119: The Flash Marriage Heiress (103)

“I only want to be with you. I don't care about these worldly possessions.”

“That's good. I know that what Beibei values most is our relationship. Otherwise, you wouldn't have stayed with me for so long. Back when we first got together, I was just a poor nobody.”

“Yicheng, as long as you understand that. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy. I don't care about anything else. Back then, it was because my mother loved money too much that we were separated. In the future, let's never allow things like that to hurt our relationship again.”

After pouring out their feelings to one another, the two embraced and fell asleep.

Mother Luo didn't mistreat Qian Beibei. She provided whatever food and necessities she needed.

Qian Beibei believed that Mother Luo had accepted her and happily called her “Mom” at every opportunity.

Eldest Sister Luo visited occasionally, though she only greeted her coldly. Since they had never been close, Qian Beibei didn't expect much.

Besides, she felt she had little in common with a woman from the countryside like Eldest Sister Luo. Even if her husband had become wealthy overnight, that couldn't change their origins or habits.

“Mom, why did you let her move in here?” Eldest Sister Luo looked displeased. Xiao Guo had introduced them to high society, brought them into investments, and even helped them attend courses and improve themselves. Treating her like this was simply unfair. “This villa still belongs to Xiao Guo.”

What she didn't say outright was that Qian Beibei had no right to live there.

“Even if Xiao Guo doesn't mind, we shouldn't behave like this.”

“Don't worry, I know.” Mother Luo sighed. “Once Xiao Guo comes back, I'll have Yicheng compensate her for the villa. In the end, it's our family that wronged her.”

“I've lived my whole life honestly and uprightly. I never imagined something like this would happen in my own family.”

Eldest Sister Luo sighed. “Well, I suppose Xiao Guo probably won't come here anymore.”

“Better that she doesn't. Xiao Guo probably already knows about Yicheng and Qian Beibei.” Mother Luo frowned. “She's a smart girl. She simply keeps her thoughts to herself. She's already done more than enough for Yicheng. Otherwise, with a single withdrawal of investment, she could easily ruin him.”

“That's true. Xiao Guo is really too kind.”

Eldest Sister Luo thought that perhaps she should be thankful they still had business dealings with Tang Guo. Combined with Xiao Guo's gentle temperament, at least they wouldn't become enemies.

Not long afterward, Qian Beibei gave birth naturally to a son.

She had chosen a natural delivery because she wanted to return to work as soon as possible. That way, she could see Luo Yicheng every day.

After completing her confinement period, she handed the baby over to Mother Luo.

Mother Luo said nothing and, while attending social gatherings, still took good care of the child

Tang Guo only returned several years later.

She and Gu Ye had spent three years traveling around the world.

They had visited beautiful places and dangerous places alike.

By then, the Tang family had basically accepted the two of them.

At every new destination, they would also take a set of wedding photographs.

Previously, Tang Guo's social media posts had only been visible to the Tang family, while Gu Ye's were only visible to people in his firm.

But after taking their first wedding photos, they made them visible to everyone.

At once, everyone learned that Tang Guo and Miser Gu had gotten together.

Many people thought the girl had lost her mind for choosing such a stingy man.

When Luo Yicheng saw the pictures, he thought the same.

Pain flashed across his eyes. He believed Tang Guo was simply giving up on herself, and he even called her to ask about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1