Chapter 1116: The Flash Marriage Heiress (100)

“Remember, you're all adults now. You need to learn how to solve your own problems.”

With that, he hung up the phone with a snap, wrapped an arm around his wife's slender waist, and prepared to head underwater for some fun.

Meanwhile, the employees at his firm stared at the disconnected call with miserable expressions.

“So? What did he say?”

“The boss asked if we'd die without him. I said no. Then he said he wasn't our father and couldn't solve all our problems whenever something happened. He also said we're adults now and should learn to handle difficulties ourselves.” The man burst into tears. “Waaah… I don't want to grow up.”

The others fell silent.

What an excuse.

Did he really think they didn't look at his social media posts and know that he spent every day showing off his beautiful girlfriend?

A beauty made him forget loyalty. Beauty ruined men. Neglecting work. Forgetting the empire for the sake of a beauty.

Tang Guo's life was going very well.

Qian Beibei's life, however, was not.

During the first few months, she avoided many troubles by staying indoors and refusing to answer calls. But pregnancy, unemployment, and all sorts of troubles constantly made her uneasy.

At first, Luo Yicheng comforted and coaxed her every day. But later, work exhausted him. When he came home, he would simply collapse into bed, and their conversations gradually grew fewer.

Still, whenever she reminded him, Luo Yicheng would apologize, which reassured her. Seeing that the baby would be born in only two months, she finally asked when they would hold their wedding and how things stood with Mother Luo.

“Beibei, don't worry. I'll go back tomorrow and discuss it with my mom.”

“Alright.”

The next day, Luo Yicheng returned to the villa he hadn't visited for a very long time.

Mother Luo, upon seeing him, showed no intention of scolding him.

“Mom, Beibei only has two months left before she gives birth.”

“I know. I've been counting the days.” Mother Luo answered expressionlessly. “So you've finally remembered to come home?”

“Mom, are you still angry?”

Mother Luo looked up at him. “You're my son. How long can I stay angry with you? Tell me, what brings you back this time?”

“Mom, Beibei is about to give birth. Shouldn't we make up for things and hold a wedding for her?”

A wedding without both sets of parents wasn't truly a wedding. Only with their blessings could he and Beibei truly be considered married.

Mother Luo sneered inwardly but merely asked, “Yicheng, are you really determined to marry Qian Beibei?”

“Yes, Mom. I can't miss her again.”

“Yicheng, have you ever thought that your separation wasn't anyone else's fault? It was because neither of you was firm enough. If she'd resisted earlier, you two would've married. If you'd persisted a little longer, perhaps you'd have stayed together.”

“I know I was wrong, Mom. That's why I got back together with Beibei. I've decided we won't separate again.”

Seeing that he completely missed the point, Mother Luo stopped trying to persuade him.

“A wedding is fine,” she said. “But I have conditions.”

“Tell me, Mom.”

Mother Luo took a deep breath.

“From now on, I'll manage this family. After I die, I'll hand everything over to you.”

“You mean…”

“I mean that I'll temporarily take charge of the finances. Aside from your personal expenses, all the money you earn will be handed over to me, and I'll distribute it as needed. Yicheng, you know what kind of person your mother is. Do you really think I'd take your money for myself?”

She smiled faintly. “I don't lack money either. Back when Xiao Guo brought me into the stock market and various investments, I made quite a bit. I even invested in your brother-in-law's pig farm and own shares in it. I'm not short of money.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father