Chapter 1100: The Flash-Married Heiress (84)

“Of course I can. Xiaoguo, I'll definitely make the company bigger and bigger. I promise that you'll become wealthier with each passing year for the rest of your life.”

Hearing that all Tang Guo wanted from him was for him to work hard and earn money, Luo Yicheng's guilt deepened.

No matter what, he was the one who had wronged this foolish girl.

When he heard her say that there was only money left in her eyes now, his heart ached.

He said nothing more.

She would definitely find someone better in the future. Meeting him, Luo Yicheng, had simply been her misfortune.

It was also because of his indecisiveness that she no longer believed in love and only cared about money.

He couldn't give her love, nor could he be with her. Since money was all she wanted, then he would spend the rest of his life working tirelessly, expanding the company and earning even more wealth for her.

The system was inwardly amazed. So he's willingly becoming a workhorse. Host really is brilliant.

Luo Yicheng had voluntarily turned himself into a money-making machine, while Host neither pestered him nor clung to him, and even divorced him without hesitation.

On the surface, it seemed like nothing.

But in Luo Yicheng's heart, this guilt would stay with him for the rest of his life.

If Qian Beibei ever expressed the slightest dissatisfaction in the future, Luo Yicheng would definitely say:

“Beibei, I've given all my love to you. Xiaoguo helped me so much, sacrificed so much for me, and even spent the most precious three years of her life waiting for me. But I still couldn't forget you and ended up betraying her. She fulfilled our wishes, so I must devote my life's work to the company and earn more money for her. Beibei, I hope you can understand. All my love belongs to you. The only thing I can use to compensate Xiaoguo is something vulgar like money.”

Once those words came out, Qian Beibei wouldn't even have room to argue.

She certainly couldn't say, “I also want something vulgar like money,” because that would be slapping both her own face and Luo Yicheng's.

Thinking of how stifled Qian Beibei would feel, the system was secretly overjoyed.

“All right, I believe you. Yicheng, when it comes to business, you'll always be the best.”

Even after everything, Tang Guo was still praising him.

Luo Yicheng felt a painful tightness in his chest.

“I'm sorry.”

“You don't need to apologize. Since you don't love me, letting go now is the right thing.”

Tang Guo waved at him.

“All right, I'm leaving. I still need to check on my shops. Hopefully, those stores will bring me even more profits.”

Luo Yicheng watched her drive away, his fists clenched tightly.

A trace of sorrow appeared in his eyes.

It was he who had personally forced a simple, kind-hearted girl into becoming someone who only wished to spend the rest of her life with money.

But other than working hard and earning wealth for her, what else could he do?

Carrying a heavy heart, Luo Yicheng left.

Not long after, Qian Beibei called him, asking whether he had obtained the divorce certificate.

For the first time, her impatient questioning irritated him.

“It's done.”

His voice was somewhat cold, but Qian Beibei didn't notice.

All she knew was that Luo Yicheng was finally single and that they could now be together openly.

Not long afterward, Tang Guo received a call from her two brothers.

Hearing the anger in their voices, she comforted them.

“Big Brother, Second Brother, don't be upset. I don't like him anymore anyway. Since we're divorced, let's leave it at that. He didn't take a single cent of the property under my name, and I even took sixty percent of what belonged to him.”

“Sixty percent isn't nearly enough!”

Tang Ming said unhappily.

“Xiaoguo, do you know why that bastard divorced you?”

“He got back together with that Qian Beibei woman, and the two of them even made a child. That's blatant cheating! He should've left with nothing!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1