Chapter 1095: The Flash Marriage Heiress (79)

Mother Luo struck Luo Yicheng several more times, putting all her strength into every blow.

For Tang Guo to mention divorce, the matter had to be serious. What a wonderful daughter-in-law she had. Had Luo Yicheng lost his mind? He actually wanted a divorce.

Today, she was determined to beat some sense into him.

Luo Yicheng didn't resist, and before long, Mother Luo had beaten him until he yelped in pain.

With Mother Luo in full fury, Luo Yicheng was beaten miserably, yet not a single person stepped forward to stop her.

Elder Sister Luo's entire family believed that Luo Yicheng must have done something unforgivable to Tang Guo. She was such a good person. If he hadn't truly crossed the line, why would she be packing her luggage and talking about divorce in the middle of the night?

In their eyes, he deserved a proper lesson.

By the time Mother Luo grew tired, she pointed at him and demanded, “Why aren't you apologizing to Xiaoguo? You actually dare to talk about divorce? Where are you going to find such a good wife? Yicheng, have you damaged your brain from running your company? Have you forgotten who helped you get where you are today? Your mother, your elder sister, and everyone in our village—who hasn't benefited from Xiaoguo's help?”

“I'll beat you to death, you ungrateful bastard!”

Luo Yicheng remained silent.

Only when Mother Luo finally stopped did he speak.

“Mom, now that you know, that's just how things are. I… I'm divorcing Xiaoguo because there are no feelings between us.”

“You—I'll—”

Mother Luo nearly fainted from rage, but Tang Guo held her back.

“Auntie Luo, Yicheng and I are already divorced. Beating him won't change anything.”

Hearing her words, Luo Yicheng glanced at the bag containing the divorce papers. A trace of gratitude surfaced in his heart. Even now, Tang Guo hadn't changed her mind.

Even if he were beaten to death today, he still had to get divorced.

Tang Guo patiently held back Mother Luo and explained many things to her.

When Mother Luo learned that the two had never truly been husband and wife, she was utterly stunned.

She refused to believe it, but after personally inspecting their room, she had no choice but to accept the truth.

So the daughter-in-law she adored really was a perfect woman.

But the loving young couple she had always admired had never truly been in love.

Everything had been an illusion.

Xiaoguo liked her Yicheng.

Yicheng didn't love Xiaoguo?

How could her son not love such a wonderful girl?

Unable to bear it, she wanted to beat him again, but this time Elder Sister Luo stopped her.

If she continued, something serious might happen.

None of them could accept that the two were divorcing, but the evidence lay before their eyes, leaving them no choice.

“Xiaoguo, how did I give birth to such a sinful son?”

Mother Luo clung to Tang Guo and cried bitterly.

“I won't accept it. Mom won't accept it. No matter what happens, you'll always be Mom's good daughter-in-law.”

Standing to the side with bruises and swelling all over his face, Luo Yicheng said, “Mom, I don't have feelings for Xiaoguo. I can't keep delaying her life. Xiaoguo deserves someone better. The divorce is already done. Mom, it's not like we won't see each other again. I've tried my best, but three years have passed. We can't keep making Xiaoguo wait forever, can we?”

Looking at Mother Luo's devastated appearance, how could Luo Yicheng possibly tell her about Qian Beibei?

If he said it now, he and Beibei would truly be finished.

His mother loved Xiaoguo so much that she would undoubtedly blame Beibei for everything.

Then Beibei would never be happy.

Even after the divorce, he and Beibei couldn't immediately be together.

Mother Luo couldn't understand.

She had beaten him.

She had cursed him.

But Luo Yicheng refused to change his mind, and Tang Guo had made up hers.

What else could she do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1