Chapter 1091: The Flash Marriage Heiress (75)

By the time Luo Yicheng returned home, Tang Guo had already arrived ahead of him.

Seeing her alone in the living room, he immediately sat down beside her. “Xiaoguo, you've been coming home early a lot lately?”

“Yes.” Tang Guo smiled. “I've handed most of the work over to my subordinates, and lately I want to relax a little. Besides, I promised Mom we'd seriously ‘prepare for a baby.’ At the very least, we have to put on a show so she won't keep urging us, right?”

She added with a laugh, “Yicheng, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just focus on your career. I'll handle Mom for now.”

Originally, Luo Yicheng had planned to bring up the divorce, but no matter how hard he tried, the words simply wouldn't come out.

He was preparing for a divorce and intended to marry Beibei afterward.

Meanwhile, Tang Guo was still helping him conceal the fact that they had never consummated their marriage, deceiving his mother so the old lady wouldn't make trouble.

The guilt in his heart deepened.

How foolish was this girl?

Back then, she had foolishly agreed to marry him to save his dignity. Now she was foolishly helping him keep everything hidden.

He had once thought that spending a lifetime with her wouldn't be so bad. Perhaps, after living together long enough, he might eventually fall in love with her.

Unfortunately, he couldn't.

He couldn't let go of Beibei.

Just wait a little longer. A few more days.

Perhaps he could gradually distance himself from her, allowing her to sense something. Then the divorce wouldn't hurt her too deeply.

“Where's Mom?”

“She went to spend time with Sister. She probably won't be coming back tonight.”

Luo Yicheng secretly breathed a sigh of relief. “Then let's turn in early. You've worked hard.”

“Why are you being so polite? Aren't we husband and wife?”

Luo Yicheng froze.

Yes.

They were already married.

But right now, all he could think about was divorce.

The next day, Qian Beibei met Luo Yicheng in the parking garage. Seeing his silent expression, she immediately knew that he had failed once again.

“Yicheng, you didn't bring up the divorce with Miss Tang today either?”

“Beibei, just wait a little longer. I'll definitely take care of everything.”

Qian Beibei wasn't happy, but she didn't want to upset him.

“All right, I'll wait. At most one more month, Yicheng. I'll wait one month at most. One month should be enough to prepare, right?”

“Mm.”

Luo Yicheng made up his mind. Within one month, he would definitely get the divorce.

Time flew by, and another half month passed.

Even when he had opportunities to be alone with Tang Guo, Luo Yicheng failed to speak every single time. The next day, seeing Qian Beibei's aggrieved face, he was overcome with guilt.

He didn't love Tang Guo.

So why couldn't he say it?

Perhaps because Xiaoguo was simply too good.

A month and a half later, Qian Beibei looked at the silent Luo Yicheng and said bitterly, “Yicheng, it's almost been two months.”

“Beibei, I…”

Qian Beibei grabbed his hand and placed it on her stomach, raising her chin slightly.

“Yicheng, this time, you must get divorced. I'm pregnant.”

Luo Yicheng was stunned.

Joy and anxiety surged through him at the same time. Thinking about the fact that this was the child he shared with the woman he loved, happiness quickly overwhelmed everything else.

He carefully comforted Qian Beibei. “I'll tell Xiaoguo when I get home today.”

“Yicheng, we don't have much time left. I can wait, but the child can't. If you still can't make up your mind, then rather than letting this child become illegitimate or grow up without a father, I'd rather abort him.”

Qian Beibei was serious.

Tears streamed down her cheeks.

“I wasn't prepared at all. It only happened that one time, and I ended up pregnant with our baby.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father