Chapter 1084: The Flash Marriage Heiress (68)
“So far, he hasn’t lied to me.”
【That guy is really stingy, Host. When you get divorced and choose another partner in the future, you have to think carefully. That man is seriously cheap.】 The system continued sowing discord. If it didn’t try a little harder, its position as Number One System might be in danger.
Of course, it had no intention of driving that man away. It merely wanted Host to understand that it was the most loyal and considerate system, one that would follow her forever.
【Host, I’m the one you trust the most.】
Unable to hold back, Tang Guo burst out laughing. No wonder the system had been unusually talkative today—it was afraid of losing favor.
“Tongzi, you’re becoming more and more human. You’re actually jealous of a human.”
【I’m just reminding you that I’m the one most loyal to Host.】 The system sounded a little bashful. 【I’m worried you’ll fall too deeply. What if your memories return one day and that guy turns out to be bad? Wouldn’t Host end up heartbroken?】
That was the truth.
Host had always done things absolutely. Even if she left people a way out, once she made a choice, she never turned back. Through all these worlds, even knowing the outcome in advance, she had never regretted her decisions.
In Host’s eyes, liking someone meant liking them, and not liking them meant not liking them. Once she liked someone, she devoted herself completely.
People like that were deeply affectionate and yet merciless. They were also the easiest to get hurt.
“You’re overthinking. I’m prepared for that already, so stop worrying. Instead of worrying about me, Tongzi, why don’t you think about what you’ll do if you run into a female system next time? Will you fall in love, or will you devour her?”
【Devour her, I guess. Falling in love sounds troublesome.】 The system answered without hesitation. 【Wait, systems are divided by gender?】
Tang Guo asked in surprise, “Tongzi, don’t tell me you don’t have a gender?”
【No, I’m a male system.】 The system hurriedly explained. 【But I think all systems should be male.】
Tang Guo had no idea where the system had gotten that conclusion from, but she didn’t ask further because Gu Ye had already returned.
In his hands was a large bowl of ice cream.
When he set it down before Tang Guo with a bright smile, she froze for a moment.
“What’s wrong? Don’t you like it, Miss Tang?” Gu Ye suddenly became nervous. “I just thought every flavor looked pretty good, so I bought some of each. If you don’t like it, I’ll go exchange it.”
“No, it’s wonderful.” Tang Guo picked up the spoon and took a bite. “Lawyer Gu really understands my heart. This is exactly how I like to eat ice cream. A single bowl with lots of different flavors mixed together. It tastes especially delicious.”
Gu Ye let out a sigh of relief.
When he had gone to buy it, he hadn’t really thought much about it. At first, he had intended to buy just one flavor, but when he saw all the colorful tubs of ice cream lined up, inspiration suddenly struck him.
His instincts had told him that he had to buy every flavor.
Only after placing the bowl in front of Tang Guo had he realized he might have done something rather childish. Never in his wildest dreams had he expected her to like it so much.
Judging from her expression, he knew she wasn’t lying.
As she ate the ice cream, that beautiful face of hers was filled with smiles.
Sipping his water, Gu Ye felt a sense of quiet satisfaction.
At last, he had learned one of his future wife’s preferences.
Perhaps he should enroll in an ice cream-making class. That way, whenever his wife wanted ice cream, he could make it for her anytime.
Just imagining such a life made him unable to suppress a smile.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸