Chapter 1069: The Flash Marriage Heiress (53)
“I saw them,” Tang Guo replied lazily, reclining against the sofa. “They have been meeting rather frequently lately.”
“Miss Tang, I feel obligated to educate you on the meaning of the word ‘frequently.’ It means often, with short intervals between occurrences. What those two are doing can no longer be described as frequent. Meeting two or three times a day? That's practically every waking moment.”
“Mhm, alright. Lawyer Gu does have a point.”
Hearing Tang Guo's calm tone, Gu Ye nearly lost his composure, though he maintained an impeccably polite voice.
“So then, Miss Tang, when exactly are you planning to divorce?”
“They only talk every day. In these photographs, they're still keeping a certain distance. Can that really be used as grounds for infidelity?”
Grinding his teeth, Gu Ye answered, “It really can't.”
“So, Lawyer Gu, I'll have to trouble you to keep a close watch. Without enough evidence, divorce isn't easy. I own so many shares in the company. If we settle amicably, I'd have to give him quite a lot.” Tang Guo smiled. “Lawyer Gu, we agreed from the beginning—I don't want him getting even a single cent.”
“Of course I haven't forgotten a single word Miss Tang has said.”
Hearing that she had no intention of giving Luo Yicheng even a penny, Gu Ye's mood inexplicably improved. His voice became noticeably lighter.
“With me handling things, Miss Tang can rest assured. I guarantee that none of your assets will end up in his hands. In fact, we'll make sure he parts with quite a bit of his own.”
“I'll just take half.”
Tang Guo smiled sweetly.
Taking everything away wouldn't be fun.
Without a difference in status, how could the disparity between Qian Beibei and Luo Yicheng become obvious? How else would Mother Luo and Elder Sister Luo be able to rightfully look down on Qian Beibei's family background?
Luo Yicheng needed to have money.
Just not more than she had.
And it would be best if he kept working hard to earn money for her.
Her eyes narrowed.
Come to think of it, she couldn't appear too domineering during the divorce.
As her fingers tapped rhythmically against the table, she suddenly thought of her two elder brothers, and her eyes brightened.
She could leave the matter of dividing assets to them.
As for herself, she only needed to play the innocent little white lotus.
That way, she wouldn't seem overbearing and could instead appear weak and pitiful.
Just imagining it made her feel wonderful.
System: Wonderful indeed.
“Miss Tang?”
“Lawyer Gu, if there's nothing else, I'll hang up now. If anything new happens on Luo Yicheng's side, send it to me immediately.” She paused before adding, “Oh, Lawyer Gu, if anyone asks who's behind all this, just tell them it's the Tang family.”
The corners of Gu Ye's lips curved upward.
“Rest assured, Miss Tang. That's exactly what I've told my people all along. The excuse is that the Tang family is afraid their precious treasure might suffer, so they hired me.”
System: 【Host, this man is truly calculating.】
He had originally wanted to speak ill of Gu Ye, but when he saw the look of satisfaction on his host's face, he almost thought he'd seen a ghost.
“Lawyer Gu truly puts my mind at ease.”
“That's only natural. When it comes to Miss Tang's affairs, I devote myself wholeheartedly. There can't be the slightest mistake.”
What a joke.
This was his future wife.
How could he not take things seriously?
How could he allow an outsider to lay claim to his future wife's assets?
Even if she didn't mind, his heart would ache.
After hanging up, Gu Ye sat in his office, feeling somewhat melancholy as he gazed out the window. Turning back, he flipped through the calendar.
Next year, he'd be thirty.
Just when would he finally get married?
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸