Chapter 1065: The Flash Marriage Heiress (49)

“Tsk, tsk, tsk… every little expression and gesture screams just how much he cares about that woman, Qian Beibei.”

Gu Ye stroked his chin and glanced at Tang Guo, who was calmly watching the surveillance footage. Lowering his voice, he said, “Miss Tang, your marriage is hanging by a thread. You should start preparing early. Luo Yicheng actually made some ridiculous three-year pact with another woman behind your back. Tsk, what a scumbag. He's already married, yet he's still playing this three-year promise game. He clearly doesn't take you seriously at all.”

“Miss Tang is beautiful, capable, elegant, with houses, cars, and wealth. Has Luo Yicheng been kicked in the head by a donkey? He actually wants to put horns on you? Unacceptable, absolutely unacceptable.”

System: Gu Ye's intentions were crystal clear. This guy was obviously trying to steal his host.

Tang Guo sat on the sofa, quietly watching the scene unfold on the screen. Listening to the conversation between Luo Yicheng and Qian Beibei, she wore a faint smile the entire time. Hearing Gu Ye's rambling, she finally raised her eyes and looked at him.

Gu Ye immediately swallowed the rest of his words and instead asked, “So, Miss Tang, when are you planning to divorce?”

“They haven't cheated yet, have they? A man and woman talking alone for a while doesn't amount to anything. Nothing actually happened. There's no need to rush something like divorce.”

Gu Ye frowned at the footage. Inwardly, he cursed Luo Yicheng for being such a coward. Since he liked Qian Beibei and she liked him back, why not just go for it? What was he hesitating for? Just get together already! Once that happened, Tang Guo could divorce him.

Damn it. He had been waiting for two years already. He was practically going crazy.

Still maintaining his gentlemanly smile, Gu Ye said, “Then I'll do my best to find substantial evidence of Luo Yicheng's infidelity. I'll make sure Miss Tang stands in the most favorable position and leaves him no room to fight back.”

“Then I'll have to trouble Lawyer Gu.”

“Not troublesome at all. Miss Tang is my client. Working for you is only natural.”

After a brief pause, Gu Ye couldn't resist asking, “Miss Tang, once there's evidence of his cheating, will you divorce him?”

More than that, he was genuinely curious.

“Actually, I'm wondering… after your divorce, would you marry again?”

His heart was surprisingly tense.

What kind of man would she marry?

Surely not someone like Luo Yicheng.

The look on his face practically screamed, What about someone like me?

“Marriage isn't all that interesting.” Tang Guo shook her head and pointed at the screen, where Luo Yicheng wore a pained expression. “Look at that man. He already has a wife, yet he still looks at another woman with pity and heartache in his eyes. I'm starting to develop a fear of marriage.”

No, no, no, Miss Tang.

There are plenty of good men in the world.

For example… him, Gu Ye.

“Miss Tang is beautiful, wealthy, and has everything. You'll definitely find a man who is wholeheartedly devoted to you and treats only you well.”

For example, him.

“I'm not looking anymore.” Tang Guo lazily leaned back against the sofa, her eyes half-lidded. That languid, relaxed posture nearly made Gu Ye's heart leap out of his chest.

How could someone be this captivating?

Seriously, she was tempting him to violate all his principles and simply pounce on her.

A woman like this absolutely had to get married.

And she had to marry him.

“Didn't Lawyer Gu just say so?” Tang Guo smiled faintly. “I'm beautiful, rich, and have everything. Whether I get married or not doesn't seem to make much difference.”

“Miss Tang just hasn't met the right person yet. Love is a wonderful thing. If you have the chance, you should experience it.” Gu Ye was getting anxious. “You should still find someone to accompany you—to admire the scenery, appreciate the rivers and mountains, enjoy the world together, right? At the very least, when you're traveling, you'll have someone to carry your luggage. Isn't that wonderful?”

Tang Guo seemed to find his reasoning convincing.

“You have a point,” she said thoughtfully. “I should hire a few tall and sturdy personal assistants and bodyguards. Otherwise, when I travel, I'll have to carry my own luggage.”

Gu Ye: “……”

Why hire assistants and bodyguards?

Wouldn't it be better to find a boyfriend?

For example… someone like him?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1