Chapter 1062: The Flash Marriage Heiress (46)

“Even if he's doing pretty well now, how could he possibly compare to the people here? In front of them, he's just a nobody. Beibei, he's already been married for two years. You're twenty-nine this year. If you keep dragging this out, no one will want to marry you.”

Niu Jinlan spoke earnestly, trying to persuade her. “What's so great about Luo Yicheng anyway? Even if you still have feelings for him, just look at him standing over there. He doesn't even spare you a glance. Our Beibei is so beautiful—she should find a man even better than Luo Yicheng. The men here are all better than him. That President Lin just now wasn't bad at all. Beibei, how about going back and getting to know him?”

Qian Beibei had heard enough. Pushing Niu Jinlan away, her reddened eyes filled with pain as she said, “Mom, in my heart, no one can compare to Yicheng. I regret it so much. I regret letting your threats sway me and making such a stupid decision on our wedding day. I don't care how successful Yicheng becomes. I love him.”

“If you hadn't stood in our way, Mom, Yicheng and I would have been married long ago. We might even have children by now.”

“I barely came home these past two years. Mom, have you ever wondered why?”

A trace of desolation appeared on Qian Beibei's face. “For more than a year, you didn't even worry about me. I was always the one calling to ask how things were at home. It's only these past two months that you've been contacting me frequently and urging me to come back.”

“Mom, do you really think I don't know what you're thinking?”

Niu Jinlan's eyes shifted guiltily. “Beibei, Mom was only worried you'd be bullied outside. Besides, you've been living away from home for so long. Isn't it time you came back?”

“I didn't bring it up before because I knew you were angry. But now Luo Yicheng is married, Beibei. Don't tell me you're still thinking of getting involved with him.”

Lifting her chin slightly, Qian Beibei said firmly, “I don't believe Yicheng has truly let me go. Two years ago, we made a promise. We'd give each other three years. If I still can't forget him, and he still can't forget me, then we'll get back together.”

“Have you lost your mind?” Niu Jinlan stared at her in disbelief. “You're really planning to wait until you're thirty? You'll become an old maid!”

“For Yicheng, I'm willing to take that gamble.” Qian Beibei looked at her mother with clear eyes. “Mom, my brother is getting married. The family bought a new house and can't afford the bride price. That's why you're so desperate to find me a wealthy husband. You don't care about his character, his looks, or his habits. As long as he has money, you'll marry me off, won't you?”

“Beibei, how can you think that?” Niu Jinlan protested. “Everything I do is for your own good. Think about it—marrying a rich man is much better than suffering with some poor nobody.”

“Enough, Mom. Stop.”

Clutching her purse, Qian Beibei walked toward the restroom. After taking two steps, she suddenly stopped and turned around. Her face was filled with resolve.

“I can say for certain that one year from now, I still won't be able to forget Luo Yicheng. If he hasn't forgotten me either, then I will be with him.”

Her voice paused slightly before continuing, “If... he truly has forgotten me and fallen in love with Tang Guo, then I'll never marry anyone for the rest of my life.”

Those words nearly drove Niu Jinlan mad with anger.

Without thinking, she blurted out, “Qian Beibei, how can you not get married? Do you know how much effort your aunt and I went through just to get into a place like this today? I practically talked my lips off! If nothing comes of this, how am I supposed to hold my head up in front of your aunt?”

“Do whatever you want,” Qian Beibei replied coldly. “It's embarrassing either way. Deal with it yourself.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1