Chapter 1029: The Flash Marriage Heiress (13)
"Set whatever price you want. As long as Luo Yicheng doesn't get a single cent from me after the divorce—not one word's worth—then we're good."
Gu Ye's temple twitched. Inwardly, he muttered that she was treating the man like an enemy, so why bother getting married in the first place? Only after marriage did she come to arrange property agreements. The minds of these wealthy young ladies really were impossible to understand.
"Lawyer Gu." Resting her chin in one hand, Tang Guo smiled brightly. "Can you do it?"
"No problem. Since Miss Tang is being so generous, I'll naturally handle everything perfectly. Furthermore, as long as Miss Tang pays a certain annual fee, I can guarantee lifelong peace of mind."
System: Found someone even greedier than Host-sama.
Watching Gu Ye jot down notes, Tang Guo suddenly asked, "I heard from a friend that Lawyer Gu occasionally takes on side jobs. Things like private investigations."
"That's right."
Gu Ye didn't deny it. He closed the file and looked at her with complete seriousness.
"It's hard surviving in a big city. If I don't work harder, my future mother-in-law will look down on me and I won't even be able to find a wife. Making more money is never wrong."
A smile curled at the corners of his lips. The moment he saw the deposit transferred into his account, his attitude immediately improved. Even his voice became gentler, smooth and warm like that of a dream lover. If not for the two money signs practically shining in his eyes, one might have thought he was trying to court Tang Guo.
System: What a money-grubber.
He's seen everything now. Someone even more obsessed with money than Host-sama. The speed of this face-changing skill is unbelievable.
From aloof male god to shameless bootlicker in the blink of an eye.
"There is another job I want to entrust to Lawyer Gu."
Tang Guo lowered her voice.
"I want you to keep an eye on Luo Yicheng. Watch him continuously until our divorce. Any evidence of him being with another woman—take pictures of everything."
"Miss Tang, your way of thinking is truly unique. Forgive me, but I really don't understand."
They had only just gotten married, yet she already wanted to monitor her husband and eagerly awaited a divorce. He had never seen anything like it.
Moreover, he had investigated Luo Yicheng. A self-made man with considerable ability, yes, but in terms of earning power and assets, he was nowhere near the woman sitting before him.
He truly couldn't understand why she was doing such pointless things.
Of course, those thoughts remained inside.
In reality, he hoped rich people would stay bored forever. The more bored they were, the more money he made.
"No problem." Gu Ye quoted his price. "I can assign people to follow Luo Yicheng, monitor all his movements, and gather evidence of any future affairs. The price is fifty thousand yuan per month. Miss Tang, would you like to pay for one month or three months in advance?"
"One year."
The smile on Gu Ye's face grew even brighter.
"In that case, I'll give Miss Tang a discount. Fifty-nine hundred and fifty thousand yuan for the entire year."
System: A discount of only five thousand? Truly stingy and miserly. What woman would ever like this sort of man?
Without hesitation, Tang Guo transferred the money.
After receiving it, Gu Ye became puzzled. At present, Luo Yicheng couldn't even produce one hundred thousand yuan, much less over half a million.
He really couldn't understand it.
Tang Guo must have been too idle and decided to play detective games with Luo Yicheng.
However, when he later investigated the circumstances behind Tang Guo and Luo Yicheng's marriage, he immediately abandoned that thought.
By the time they met again, the way he looked at Tang Guo was filled with sympathy.
This time, he had come to deliver the finalized property agreement.
"Miss Tang," he said, "considering how well you've supported my business, I've decided to throw in an additional package for free."
System: Who would've thought this cheapskate would actually part with something?
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸