Chapter 1026: The Flash Marriage Heiress (10)

"Girl, when you come to the countryside, Mom will kill a few chickens and make some nourishing soup for you."

After hanging up, even Luo Yicheng looked surprised. "Your store really deals in that sort of business?"

"Of course," Tang Guo replied. "I have people who specifically go to the countryside to purchase local products. They're especially popular."

Remembering that Tang Guo still had to accompany him back to his hometown for another wedding, Luo Yicheng thought that since they were already married, this ceremony had to be prepared properly. No matter what, he couldn't let her feel wronged.

Thinking about how happily she had chatted with his mother, he suddenly felt that spending the rest of his life with someone like her might not be such a bad thing.

"By the way, my mom called earlier and asked me to bring you home tomorrow," Tang Guo said. "Don't worry. They won't dare do anything to you."

"Yicheng, since you asked me that question today and I agreed, then from today onward, we're husband and wife. Even if we need some time to adjust, we're already legally married. I can give you a week to think things through. If, after thinking carefully, you feel we can't continue together and still can't forget Qian Beibei, then we'll get divorced."

"But tomorrow, you still have to come home with me. You need to give my family an explanation."

"I understand."

After Luo Yicheng left, Tang Guo lay back down on the bed, comfortably closing her eyes with a smile lingering on her lips. She opened the group chat, greeted her friends, and casually shared the story of this world with them.

Hearing that it was another melodramatic family drama, they weren't particularly interested. To them, this sort of domestic soap opera wasn't exciting in the slightest.

Still, they were curious about what Tang Guo planned to do next.

"Nothing much. I own plenty of properties and shops, enough to coast through life in comfort. Luo Yicheng is pretty good at making money, so he'll probably earn a lot in the future. Every month, he'll give me half his salary."

Mo Yuntian clearly didn't believe her.

"Little sister, based on my understanding of you, it can't possibly be that simple."

Zi Yun immediately chimed in, "Exactly. I don't think it's that simple either."

Everyone else agreed one after another. Such a simple plan didn't fit the School Belle's style at all.

"It's really nothing special," Tang Guo replied. "While I'm still married to Luo Yicheng, I'll simply be an exceptionally qualified wife. I'll encourage my husband to work hard, be filial to my parents-in-law, treat everyone kindly—in the eyes of everyone around me, I'll be absolutely perfect."

System: What's wrong with you?

At some point, Fairy Piaomiao floated into the chat and spoke up.

"School Belle, are you planning to make everyone think you're the perfect woman, so that after you and Luo Yicheng divorce and he marries Qian Beibei, everyone will feel she's inferior to you in every way? No matter how much Luo Yicheng loves her, he'll inevitably compare her with you. School Belle, am I right?"

If that was really her plan, then the School Belle was just as sinister as ever. No, she was becoming more sinister year after year.

The group chat fell silent.

Everyone was thinking the same thing.

How vicious.

Clearly, she would only behave well and act perfectly, without actively targeting Luo Yicheng or Qian Beibei. Yet in the end, neither of them would gain any happiness from it.

The School Belle's tendency to hold grudges really had remained unchanged for hundreds of years.

System: Holy crap.

Host-sama is terrifyingly sinister.

After ending the conversation with her friends, the system couldn't hold back any longer.

Host-sama... is that really your plan?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father