Chapter 1025: The Flash Marriage Heiress (9)

That wouldn't be good for either Qian Beibei or Tang Guo.

His mother would think Qian Beibei was shallow and materialistic and would come to hate her. At the same time, she would see Tang Guo as a cheap woman desperate to marry him.

"I'll just say that Qian Beibei and I already broke up, and that the one I was preparing to marry from the beginning was you. When I informed my mom about the wedding before, I only told her I was getting married. I never mentioned Beibei's name."

Seeing that her goal had been achieved, Tang Guo's mood improved considerably. "That works. If she knew the truth over here, she'd definitely be so angry she'd ruin her health."

Luo Yicheng's expression softened. When Mother Luo called and asked why the bride wasn't Qian Beibei, he repeated exactly what they had discussed.

"Mom, don't worry. She's a good girl. She's never looked down on our poverty or disliked my background."

"Then when are you coming back for the wedding? Everyone in the village has been waiting."

Seeing Luo Yicheng hesitate, Tang Guo tugged at him and whispered in his ear, "Tell them to pick a date. Once they've decided, we'll go back to the village for the wedding."

"Mom, why don't you discuss it with Big Sister and the village chief? Once you've all settled on a date, we'll arrange our schedule and come back. What do you think?"

Seeing the prettier daughter-in-law in the photos and hearing the sweet voice that had just spoken, Mother Luo's mood immediately improved.

The girl was prettier than Qian Beibei. Judging from her son's tone, she had a good personality too. Just now she had spoken politely and hadn't shown the slightest disdain for their countryside roots. She was even willing to let them arrange the wedding date however they liked. Clearly, she was an easygoing city girl.

Truthfully, she'd long been dissatisfied with Qian Beibei's family.

Qian Beibei herself was fine, but her mother, Niu Jinlan, had insisted that her son buy a fully paid house before agreeing to let them marry.

But Luo Yicheng loved Qian Beibei. As his mother, she couldn't very well speak badly about the woman her son treasured and create conflict between them.

"Alright. I'll discuss it with the villagers later. We'll hold a lively celebration when the time comes. Once we've settled on a date, I'll let you know."

Remembering the village custom of rowdy wedding pranks, Luo Yicheng hurriedly added, "Mom, Xiaoguo is a city girl. Our customs are different. Let's skip the wedding games and pranks. We can just have a lively ceremony without all that."

"I know, I know. Do you think your mother is stupid? What if those things scare the poor city girl?"

Only then did Luo Yicheng breathe a sigh of relief. Afterward, he handed the phone to Tang Guo and had her speak with Mother Luo for a while.

Tang Guo deliberately chose pleasant topics. Every other sentence began with "Mom," and she called out affectionately enough to make Mother Luo smile from ear to ear. There wasn't a trace of the domineering, difficult mother-in-law she was known to be.

Meanwhile, the system quietly observed from the sidelines, increasingly convinced that Host-sama was secretly preparing something huge.

First she said she wanted to encourage Luo Yicheng to work hard and build his career, and now, with just a few words, she'd managed to coax Mother Luo into high spirits.

The system's data trembled.

He suddenly understood.

Host-sama was planning to tear apart the CP.

Listening to Tang Guo casually rattle off local specialties one after another—all products from Mother Luo's own hometown—he was utterly speechless.

Without leaving any obvious traces, she'd already improved Mother Luo's impression of her by at least thirty percent.

"Mom, I actually own a store that specializes in local products," Tang Guo said with a cheerful smile. "Everything we sell comes from the countryside, and city people absolutely love them. So I truly believe there are many wonderful treasures in rural areas."

"Exactly!" Mother Luo agreed enthusiastically. "Just take the old hens we raise in our backyard. Those factory chicken farms can't compare with them at all."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father