Chapter 1017: The Flash Marriage Heiress (1)

Tang Guo stared at the marriage certificate for a long time before finally confirming that it was indeed a marriage certificate.

However, based on those words she had just heard, she could already reach one conclusion—

The handsome man beside her had not married her because he loved her.

As for the reason, she still had no memories yet.

"Xiaoguo, what's wrong?"

Tang Guo shook her head. "Nothing."

"Today must have exhausted you. I married you without any preparation and even had to hold the wedding on such short notice. I've really wronged you."

Tang Guo nodded. "I'm a little tired. I'd like to go back and rest first."

The man took her hand. It was obvious that he had hesitated when he held it. But after recalling something, he tightened his grip and led her to the car.

After half an hour of driving, they arrived at a residential complex. The man brought her upstairs. Even from the entrance, it was clear that the place had been decorated. It looked exactly like a home prepared for a wedding celebration.

The same was true inside.

Everything had been arranged and decorated.

He first brought her into the elaborately prepared bridal room, but after only a glance, he led her into another room instead.

"You probably won't like that room very much. Stay here."

Tang Guo didn't object.

After the man left and closed the door behind him, she began sorting through the memories of this world.

It was an extremely melodramatic marriage.

And the story itself was an equally melodramatic family drama.

The man who had just spoken to her was the male lead of this world, Luo Yicheng.

Luo Yicheng came from the countryside and had grown up in poverty. But he had been intelligent since childhood. Through the efforts and sacrifices of his parents and elder sister, they had managed to support his education and send him out of their remote mountain village, making him the first university student their hometown had ever produced.

One could say he had transformed from a sparrow into a phoenix.

But a college graduate with no roots in the city didn't have an easy time establishing himself there.

Luo Yicheng was undeniably hardworking. According to the life plan he had made for himself, his future should have been quite promising.

If his university girlfriend hadn't come from that kind of family, they should have been enjoying a happy married life right now.

Today was originally the wedding day between him and his college sweetheart.

Including their years as students, they had been together for nine years.

From eighteen to twenty-seven, they had devoted their youth to each other.

By all accounts, they were a deeply loving couple.

But life together inevitably brought conflicts.

This was a major city, where housing prices and living expenses were anything but cheap. They had begun dating during their freshman year. Subtracting the four years of university, Luo Yicheng had only had five years to struggle and build a future.

In this city, he was an ordinary man.

For the sake of their future, he woke up at five every morning and didn't return home until nine at night for five years straight, all in order to earn enough money to settle down in the city.

Because his future mother-in-law had already made her position clear.

If he wanted to marry her daughter, he needed to own a three-bedroom apartment in the city.

Luo Yicheng felt that such a request wasn't excessive at all.

Qian Beibei had started dating him during their freshman year and had remained by his side through all those years, never abandoning him after he began working.

He truly wanted to work hard and buy a home in this city.

Not just for himself, but for her as well.

That house would be their future home.

And so he had worked desperately.

In just five years, he had managed to purchase an apartment in an excellent location with a wonderful environment.

Qian Beibei's parents were extremely satisfied.

At last, they had agreed to let the two of them get married.



✦ General Translator's Note — A Small Schedule Change!

Okay, I think I've finally figured out at least part of the Blogger problem. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Apparently, trying to update two novels at the same time, especially when I'm trying to finish an entire arc, is probably not the best idea. I kept running into Blogger's mysterious “Nope, you've posted enough. Go away.” phase, and Saturday was unfortunately another casualty of that. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

So I've decided to change things up a little!

I've realized that I actually really prefer finishing an arc in one go rather than splitting it up. If you're someone who likes reading continuously, getting halfway through an arc and then having to wait for the rest is honestly kind of painful. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was considering doing something like 20 chapters from each novel on the same day, but I think I'd rather just focus on one novel at a time and post as much of the current arc as I can.

So, for now, the upload schedule will be:

Villain Husband, Please Let Go: Monday · Wednesday · Friday
Transmigrated Cannon Fodder, Please Calm Down: Tuesday · Thursday · Saturday
Sunday: Bonus/flexible day — whichever novel I'm in the mood to unleash that day. ๐Ÿ˜‚

This also feels like it might be more manageable in the long run. If I get busier later, having one novel assigned to each day means I can still keep both translations moving without feeling like I have to somehow update everything at once.

And honestly... I just really love these two novels. ๐Ÿฅน

I especially want to share them because I want to see your reactions! I want people to fangirl over our queenly OP MCs with me, scream at the characters, celebrate the face-slapping, get emotionally destroyed by the angst, and generally suffer through these stories together. ๐Ÿ˜‚

So please do tell me what you think when you're reading! I genuinely want to hear your reactions, whether it's a “OMG I LOVE HER”, a “WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME”, or just a very concerned “Tang Guo, what are you planning now?” (I swear, I feel like I'm becoming more and more like our "stupid" system๐Ÿ˜ญ)

Hopefully this new schedule will keep Blogger happy and let me keep throwing chapters at you without getting locked out again.

Let's hope this works. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now, back to the story!

—Cy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father