Chapter 1014: Beautiful Girl (59)

Chang Zhan looked slightly uncomfortable before replying, "I'm waiting for you to get into the same university as me."

"And then?"

"We'll go to school together."

"And after that?"

Under Tang Guo's intent gaze, Chang Zhan became even more uncomfortable. Even the tips of his ears had turned red.

Faced with the anticipation in her eyes, he sighed helplessly before finally saying, "I'm waiting for you to become my girlfriend. Is that okay?"

"Of course."

Only then was Tang Guo satisfied. Releasing her hold on his suitcase, she finally let him leave.

"Senior, you'd better think carefully about how you'll confess to me. Otherwise, I won't agree to be your girlfriend."

The following year, Tang Guo was admitted to the same university as Chang Zhan.

Chang Zhan confessed to her.

That day, he held her hand properly for the first time, holding it with the feelings of someone in love. He took her to an ice cream shop and bought her dozens of flavors. One scoop of each flavor was carefully placed into a huge bowl before being set in front of her.

Then he confessed and asked her to be his girlfriend.

He told her that he was willing to hold her hand and spend the rest of his life with her.

He also said softly, "I'll protect you for the rest of my life."

"Senior, I think you've forgotten how amazing I am."

Tang Guo proudly dug into the ice cream with a spoon.

Remembering everything she had done, Chang Zhan quickly nodded.

"I haven't forgotten."

After a pause, a faint smile appeared on his usually cool face as he gazed at her affectionately.

"But I still want to protect you."

No matter how powerful she was, he still wanted to shield her.

Who said powerful people didn't need protection?

People who seemed invincible only became that way because they had once been hurt and had no one to protect them, forcing them to become strong.

He hadn't had the opportunity to protect her when she had been weak.

So all he could do was spend the rest of her life cherishing and protecting her.

"This is an exception," Chang Zhan said as he watched her continue digging happily into the ice cream. "Next time, you're not allowed to eat this much. At most, one-third of this. Girls shouldn't eat too many cold things."

"Okay."

Hearing those words, Tang Guo's eyes curved into crescents as she smiled and buried her head, continuing to eat her ice cream.

Chang Zhan recalled something Wei Liang and Zuo Ran had once told him.

They had said that she was no longer the original Tang Guo, that the real Tang Guo had already been driven to death by them.

In his heart, however, he thought:

The one I know is this Tang Guo.

The one I love is this Tang Guo.

This Tang Guo had captivated him completely.

She had already avenged herself and accomplished countless things that most people—including him—could never do.

Tang Guo's university life was smooth.

Especially since she was already a world-famous figure and the founder of the Anti-Rumor Foundation. To this day, she had helped countless innocent people suffering from slander and rumors win their lawsuits.

Almost every case ended successfully.

When people at the university learned that the incoming freshman was Tang Guo, they were astonished. At the same time, many hurriedly reflected on whether they had secretly spoken ill of anyone recently.

Especially the sort of malicious gossip without evidence.

By the time Tang Guo officially enrolled, the entire campus atmosphere had become remarkably harmonious.

Almost no one dared gossip behind others' backs anymore.

Several teachers with distinctive characteristics were particularly pleased with this.

One was a mathematics professor who had always been secretly mocked by students because of his bald head. After all, he couldn't just grab students and scold them for private jokes—students were difficult to deal with.

Another was a female teacher with a voluptuous figure who had often been the subject of whispered discussions among male students.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1